Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS Light (February 24th, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Jan 6, 2017.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I'm about halfway through and have only heard one I didn't care for that much. Liking this a good bit more than Tetsuo & Youth.

FTank likes this.
  2. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Tetsuo & Youth is, in my opinion, his best album. Food and Liquor is close behind, then The Cool

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Interesting album, way more straightforward than the last album, but I don't really like it as much. Not bad though

4. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

This is definitely a Lupe album.

This has been a review

5. irthesteve

Truer words have never been spoken

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Never really listened to Lupe outside of a handful of songs. I put this on and was into it quite a bit at first, but lost interest about 20 minutes in.

7. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Check out Food and Liquor and Tetsuo & Youth if you have a chance. Definitely a better insight into Lupe's sound and they're both actually amazing

8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I will. I think F&L is probably what I've heard in the past, but I'll dl both.

9. irthesteve

I think The Cool is his best, by far, but most people say F&L

suicidesaints likes this.
  10. irthesteve

Lupe reviewed his album, gave it 7/10

11. irthesteve

Actually a pretty good review of it

12. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

lmao

I saw him perform at my university a few years back. He seemed pretty uninterested in slipping into "Champagne Lupe," and actually berated the audience for not appreciating the lyrically-dense songs, calling us "basic" and stuff like that. I mean it was a show for a bunch of drunk college students during Welcome Week so i figured he should have foreseen something like that. Seems like he's got a better grasp on managing audience expectations lol

13. irthesteve

that sounds pretty ridiculous hah. I saw him a few years back and would say it was an even mix

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I saw him live last year, and from my own personal experience and from what I've heard from others who have seen him live, he's not very good with interacting with his audience. He seems to either offend them or belittle them at his shows (pretty much what he does on Twitter). It didn't bother me at all, but I know it does to some.

15. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

he played my welcome week as well. He got annoyed people didnt know the lyrics to his songs (he played basically only lasers songs) then when he played anything from The Cool he kept forgetting the lyrics. He had to restart Hip Hop saved your life 4 times before deciding to just move on from it cause he couldnt get it . One of the worst sets i've ever seen.

16. matthaber

on flip side....

this whole show is iconic. I would of killed to see that era Lupe live.

17. ncarrab Feb 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 11, 2017)
    ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Tried to purchase this today on iTunes 3 different times but nothing is happening. I click BUY, type in my password then literally nothing happens.

EDIT: apparently a month or so ago Apple updated their settings and I had to create a new password on all my devices (Mac, phone, iPod) and put all these codes in. So annoying. But finally purchased.

18. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

This is the first thing I've ever heard from him and tbh it mostly just sounds really bland and directionless. There are a couple of good tracks. Maybe it'll grow on me if I bother to listen to it again.

skogsraet and matthaber like this.
  19. matthaber

please go listen to his album The Cool.

It saddens me to think this is someone's introduction to Lupe.

OotyPa and Letterbomb31 like this.
  20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This is disheartening. Food&Liquor and The Cool are MUST listens. I would say T&Y is as well. Lupe himself has been blasting Drogas Light for months now so this isn't really a reflection of his passionate work.

OotyPa likes this.
  21. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Dude even gave himself a 7/10. This album is basically a b-sides collection of his poppier material.

Food & Liquor, The Cool, and Tetsuo & Youth are all really REALLY fantastic. Please dont let this be your first impression of lupe lol

22. radiodead

Trusted

I got a chance to see Lupe right as he was blowing up. Lollapalooza. It was an incredible performance on the main stage. Basically the world was at his finger tips. I remember he brought it. Full choir. It was basically Chance a decade earlier except Lupe lost his way soon after that.

23. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

This album is not very good :/

24. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

On the plus side, he said the next one is an 11/10

I actually enjoy this quite a lot.

25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've listened four or five times through now and it's a harmless album. You can definitely tell that he's not really putting much effort into this project and mainly sounds like a b-side album to Lasers. I'd say the highlights are Dopamine Lit, NGL, Promise & Wild Child. Still very much looking forward to the actual DROGAS album.