Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Luke Cage (Netflix) TV Show • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 23, 2016.

1. PauLo

43% Burnt

FFS

2. New viewers could just be intimidated into starting any of these shows thinking they have to watch 8 seasons to understand what's going on or there was a huge drop off because Luke Cage and Iron Fist had rough first seasons.

Raku likes this.
  3. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Netflix marketing seems to have changed a lot. If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have known that Daredevil was out - on the day it was released there was no banner at the top of the page DESPITE me watching all of the previous seasons and not having any other current programmes going on Netflix currently. Weird.

Raku likes this.
  4. PauLo

43% Burnt

I would think the marketing, or lack of, is probably on purpose. They've probably been leaned on by Disney to wind them all down so there's no Marvel programming on any streaming service by the time their service comes out. Poor marketing means less awareness, less people watching, easy way to justify cancelling them.

Raku likes this.
  5. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

That’s why part of me thinks all of these are getting canceled anyway. Like Disney doesn’t want there to be any confusion as to where to go to get marvel content when their service launches. Not that these shows will be there but maybe they will reboot them

Raku likes this.
  6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I actually only subscribed to Netflix for the first time due to Daredevil.

7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Iron Fist and Defenders back to back, plus most of these shows moving at a slow pace, plus the massive amount of comic book television on now, plus all the comic book movies, plus all the non-comic book television, plus the impending Disney streaming service & them buying Fox, plus these shows only affecting each other...

Not surprising when you think about it. And, probably for the better.

Like I said before, I still wanna see Luke Cage and the Inhuman royal family rebooted by Marvel Studios/Kevin Feige. (The former into the Avengers & the latter into Captain Marvel/Ms Marvel.) Kingpin could be fun in Spider-Man, but honestly, I'm mostly into Sony's "Universe of Marvel Characters," in a Black Cat project alongside some of Spidey's street level villains like Boomerang, Tombstone, & Mister Negative.

8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Netflix seems pretty bad at marketing, at least when it comes to things I like. I'm not surprised at all. A lot of my friends who are fans of the series didn't even know the new ones were out. Idk much about the business aspects but it seems like they're spending less on ads while expecting just as much views simply because they're Netflix, that's just how I perceive it.

9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It’s not just the ads though. The only ads I’ve ever seen in the UK for a Netflix programme were for The Crown. For me it’s the automated algorithm based stuff - before I would get an automated email if a programme I had previously watched had a new season. They’ve stopped doing that. And they would have a banner of that programme right at the top when you logged on. I’ve had none of that recently and it’s only because I follow these threads that I knew about them.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  10. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Dude, same. That's been an issue for at least a few months now. For some reason they make you have to remember and find stuff yourself now and I really don't like it. I don't think anyone likes this, it's way easier if they just show what's new at the top of the screen. I'm sure that's at least part of it.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  11. GBlades

Trusted

I'm in the UK and I get an email when a new season is up? Even a notification through the Netflix app. I think it has to be on my list though or it may just be an automated Netflix email when a hyped show drops.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I blame it on the shows being a bit boring.

13. PauLo

43% Burnt

YOU'RE BORING

14. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

and five episodes too long every season

RyanPm40, Alba and justin. like this.
  15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I think the number of episodes was the downfall of The Defenders. The Avengers was good because it was compact. An Avengers movie that is 6 hours would start to drag.

Alba likes this.
  16. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I mean, Infinity War + Avengers 4 is gonna be essentially that.

It's more so that the Avengers approach to television isn't a great idea. The CW crossover approach seems to mostly work 'cause it's an annual detour that's a small commitment. And, a movie universe can work 'cause a few movies a year is nothing.

If they had just one Defenders 20-episode season a year where all the characters' plots could weave in and out, it'd probably work better, tbh.

17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I think The Hand was the downfall of DDS2 and The Defenders. Such a lame plot.

18. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

there’s no reasoning for a show to be more than 12 episodes maximum in 2018. and if it’s that, it better be 30 minutes an ep

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

I guess I'm alone in liking The Hand. Without it, I dunno how you tie anything in at all. Also, Elektria and Stick were great characters that resolved around The Hand. So was Madame Gao.

*shrug*

20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Aw man, what am I doing wrong? I’ve started getting a weekly email that recommends things I’m not bothered about (it used to recommend things that were more related to what I had watched) and I didn’t get any notification for DD3 and Black Lightening 2 despite watching all of the Defenders related series and BL1. It also happened with the new series of Suits. No notifications at all, either at the top of the page or via email. I used to get massive banners at the top of the page and it would show up on the “Continue Watching” section (which these days doesn’t always show up so I have to search for what I’m watching).

I admittedly don’t have the app - just watch on my smart tv or laptop.

21. I didn’t mind the Hand other than they didn’t seem to have the budget to really make it seem like they were a huge threat. If I remember correctly the end of DDS2 is really guilty of that.