Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Luke Cage (Netflix) TV Show • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I have a feeling some of this stuff makes it in to their streaming service

Raku likes this.
  2. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

i hate this. a lot.

3. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I feel like this definitely reinforces the idea that they are going to replace both series with a Heroes for Hire/Daughters of the Dragon series.

Raku and awakeohsleeper like this.
  4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Raku and Davjs like this.
  5. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

goddamnit, S2 was such a big improvement

Davjs likes this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

I really think Netflix might be done with all these shows because of the Disney Streaming service coming up.

I feel like they will either all be cancelled, or maybe (hopefully) come over to that service.

Raku and awakeohsleeper like this.
  7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I’m shocked. Especially with where they left it.

8. Davjs

Trusted

Right? Super anti climatic and sort of on a cliff hanger. If they weren't done with Dare Devil 3 already, I'd say they should do a 1 off ep and wrap it up haha.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  9. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Yeah I feel like these end up on Disney’s service. Won’t be surprised if DD and JJ are next

RyanPm40 and Raku like this.
  10. PauLo

43% Burnt

Fuck sake. This news has made me not want to watch Daredevils now. But if I don’t, they may cancel that too!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Raku likes this.
  11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

These have to be getting canceled for reasons other than views.

coleslawed, RyanPm40 and Raku like this.
  12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

So, what is this Disney streaming service everyone is talking about?

13. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

They have or are about to launch their own streaming service for all their movies/shows and have begun pulling their content from other streaming services/letting contracts expire so that it’s only streaming on Disney

14. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It’s quite annoying really as I can only afford one streaming service. At the moment it’s Netflix - it will be interesting to see what price Disney go for.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The Disney streaming service is supposed to be mostly family friendly. I'd be surprised if any of the Marvel Netflix stuff ever landed there.

Depending on how the deal between Marvel and Netflix works, I could see Marvel/Disney working to bring that brand to an end before too long. Maybe finding a way to port some of the characters into a new context. (Though, I've got no idea how any of that is structured, especially with Television under Perlmutter & Studios as a separate entity w/ Feige directly under Iger.) But, like, I don't think Luke Cage or Daredevil as it exists is gonna be on that new platform.

Side note: I wonder, w/ the television/movie divide, if canceled television properties can be retconned under Marvel Studios. Like, could Luke Cage or Inhumans eventually be rebooted by Kevin Feige?

16. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah I really worry that if they bring these to the Disney service they won't be anywhere near as dark and gritty. What a disappointment, especially with the love LC S2 got.

If they move to Disney, I'm going to be finding streams online. Fuck 'em. They make too much money already and I pay enough between Netflix and Prime. I'd sign up for Hulu before signing up for Disney haha

17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The last two posts have me feeling very sad. I think both Luke Cage & Iron Fist were left in places that made me desperate to see what comes next.

And Misty & Colleen are probably my two favourite characters from these shows. Sad times.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Maybe Netflix will show Luke Cage and Iron Fist getting snapped

RJ Knorr, awakeohsleeper and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The only way to clear this mess up, ha!

20. Sad to see this go. S2 is one of the best seasons of the Marvel/Netflix shows.

21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

New reports are suggesting it was canceled due to the views and that means Iron Fist was definitely canceled for the same reason. We may not get a Heroes For Hire

22. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

If they aren't doing another Defenders where Luke and Danny were good together, I doubt a Heroes team up. Unless Defenders was always planned as a one off, I'm not sure

23. Davjs

Trusted

I remember reading that so many people were watching Luke Cage season 1 that it broke netflix for a bit. Was there really a drop off that drastic between season 1 and 2? I see all kinds of random shows on Netflix I know can't have huge ratings get multiple seasons. I don't know if I buy the ratings excuse.

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Business Insider has the scoop on statistics which they believe shed some light on why Netflix decided to cancel both Luke Cage and Iron Fist despite their perceived popularity.

We don't know how Netflix gauges viewing figures but those have presumably also dropped and if social media is that big of a deal to the online streaming giant, then it's easy to see why the Heroes for Hire were axed. Apparently, whileLuke Cage season one generated 300,000 impressions, season two managed a paltry 50,000. Surely, though, this could be blamed on the poor marketing campaign?

We didn't even know Daredevil season three was coming until roughly a month or so ago so it's no wonder that awareness was down (in regards to the Man Without Fear, season one generated 275,000 impressions, season two did 200,000, and season three is only on 75,000 as of right now).

New Netflix Data Points To DAREDEVIL And JESSICA JONES Also Potentially Being At Risk