Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Luke Cage (Netflix) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

jorbjorb likes this.
  2. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Looks pretty promising

3. Looking forward to it. Hope the villain is interesting.

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Damn I haven't even watched JJ S2 yet

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

hell yeah

6. One month away. Here's a clip.

Davjs likes this.
  7. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Anybody watching? I forgot how much I hate the guy who plays Shades face

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  8. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I have a sprained ankle so I have nothing to do but watch TV. I finished this all yesterday. Drug at parts, like all the Marvel Netflix shows, but I enjoyed it overall. I'd be interested in hearing people's thoughts on the ending. I don't know much about him in the comics and would be interested as to whether it lines up.

9. I'm only a couple episodes in and it's about as good as the first half of season 1. I like that there's a lot of crossover from the other shows ( Colleen, Foggy, actual references to the Defenders). On the other hand I don't understand why after 7 or 8 seasons of this stuff no one has realized that the 50+ minute 13 episode seasons are a drag.

10. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Enjoyed the first 3 episodes. The music is so good. I don’t know much about Luke Cage but are all the villains named after snakes?

Kingjohn_654 and FlayedManOfSF like this.
  11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

For some reason my account isn't showing new stuff when it comes out and a few days later, glad I saw this so I could remember to check it out the minute I have time. I really hope it's good.

12. PauLo

43% Burnt

I'm 7 episodes in and ooooooooweeeeee Bushmaster is a badman. In the literal sense and the Jamaican slang sense!

Funny little note about the subtitles when someone Jamaican talks... they kind of translate it rather that just put what they're saying. It's annoying if your familiar with the way people from Jamaica talk and don't need it translating!

13. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Just finished episode 6. Bushmaster has so much charisma. And I love how they use music in this show. I couldn’t imagine watching this if it had just some regular score.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  14. PauLo

43% Burnt

The music is so great. I've never liked reggae, but this has made me do a 180!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

I'm 11 episodes and damn I must say this, the second season is so much better than the first. It was a slow burn at the beginning but these last episodes are so great. It's so great to see that they added depth to the characters. Hoping that the last two eps can live up to the season.

16. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I saw a Snapchat ign review and they had this ranked below iron fist

17. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Hard to put my finger on it but something about the dialogue, direction just is so off to me. Bushmaster is the only thing I find the least bit compelling so far

18. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Need time to think it through, but just finished that wild finale - I am a bit overwhelmed but happy with the season. Season 3 is going to be very, very interesting.

Shades going to prison - I feel like this is also a setup to meet Fisk aside from giving the character closure this season.

19. Danny Rand, the Immortal Iron Fist, Protector of K'un-Lun, Sworn Enemy of the Hand just showed up and he's finally not terrible?

20. JJs1 > Ps1 > LCs2 > DDs1 > LCs1 > JJs2 > DDs2 > Defenders > I'll never watch Iron Fist as long as that moniker belongs to a white actor

Luke Cage S2 didn't have the same pacing problems as S1 or most other Marvel Netflix shows. It really did feel like something was always happening, people were always popping in and out of the show, the stakes never faltered, every major character's backstory and motivations were explored, Danny white boy Rand wasn't a crybaby. While juggling more than one antagonist is where most other Marvel Netflix shows suffered, having Luke and Bushmaster as foils while Mariah played the actual big bad was effective.
    I found his performance convincing because of his relationship with Che. He always seemed like one of the weaker guys on Sons of Anarchy as well; playing the soft thug is kind of his thing. I kind of like how he's not as tough as one would expect a person at his level should be.

I absolutely love how most of the music is diegetic from live performances or headphones.

21. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I loved how he nonstop just kept asking Luke questions.

- what’s nightshade?
    - who’s the biggest rat you know?

He was just so clueless the entire time lol. He still can’t do action scenes but I’m actually excited for Iron Fist season 2 despite not being able to finish the first one.

22. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Yeah he’s definitely good at his role.

23. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

"is that... Ghostface Killah?"
    "yeah. Method Man wrote a song about me. we kick it from time to time."
    "man I gotta get superpowers"

24. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Wow, I just finished and this was the best written season of any Netflix Marvel show. The pacing was perfect, and every character arc superb. I can't think of something to nitpick. Loved the heck out of Bushmaster, Mariah, Danny, Shades, Comanche, Misty, Tilda, Sugar, D.W., etc the only weird scene I can think of was Nandi singing out of nowhere. I'm glad Claire made an early exit. Excited to see where this goes in season 3.

zigbigwig likes this.
  25. Davjs

Trusted

After Defenders, I was a little burnt out so wasn't going to watch any of these until DD Season 3.....

But I watched the Punisher (amazing) which got me back in. 3 Eps in and this is really good so far, I agree with whoever above that it's nice to have the crossover and events from Defenders play into things, esp Luke and Claire's relationship. Shades is the only character I'm not into really, but I wasn't in the first season either so I guess that's consistent lol.