Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Luke Cage (Netflix) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I loved this, but I think Jessica Jones still takes the crown for best Netflix Marvel series. Cottonmouth/Diamondback ain't got shit on Killgrave. JESSICAAAHHHHHHHH

stayillogical and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Just finished this - excellent. The last episode was a bit underwhelming and I didn't think any of the villains were as compelling as Fisk or Kilgrave, but I definitely enjoyed it.

I like Luke Cage as a character. Colter was excellent.

3. jorbjorb

7 rings

this series was so good. I got one more episode left.

4. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I think cottonmouth is one of the best villains portrayed in the mcu yet. Sucks the season went the way it did with his character.

RyanPm40 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

RyanPm40 and coleslawed like this.
  6. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

really enjoyed this. need to watch jessica jones and daredevil still.

7. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I think people are putting DD2 in the upper tier for that Punisher arc alone (which I thought was fantastic as well).

But I liked DD1's pacing overall. The episode with one long fight scene dragged into different sections with Nobu was awesome. And I like how they fleshed out the villains for the season (Fisk and friends).

Also said before, but Wesley.

8. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Also I'm not very familiar with Iron Fist, but is anyone else expecting it to have the most fight scenes in all 3 shows? I feel like it should.

9. Thursdaysox

We know it from the silence

Finished this last night, hot damn it was awesome. Agreed that Cottonmouth is a far superior villain than Diamondback, but that doesn't get me down too much. One low point I would say is the dude playing Shades.... he doesn't seem like a badass villain at all. The dude is just a wiener, through and through.

Also, reading though this thread, I for the life of me cannot comprehend how people thought Jessica Jones was enjoyable. It was one of the worst shows I have ever watched, and it was an absolute chore to finish. Love Cage and Daredevil though, Netflix brings the heat.

10. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Punisher is my single favorite thing about any of these shows but that season as a whole is still last out of these four seasons to me so far.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Jessica Jones grabbed me immediately whereas DD s2 was a chore to me. Though JJ did also kinda drag towards the end.

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Finished this today. Though the ending left a lot more loose ends than I would have preferred, I really enjoyed it a lot. I don't know where I'd rank it with the other Netflix shows but I definitely agree with the people who say the Netflix MCU is better than the movies.

Also, it's been a long time since I've wanted a character to die so badly as I wanted Mariah to.

13. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

the scene with Method Man still makes me laugh to this day, damn:crylaugh:

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah the Method Man scenes may have been my favorite part of the show

Also was pleasantly surprised to see Sway

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Jidenna, the guy who did Long Live the Chief, was on the Daily Show last night. Good performance.

16. I love the amount of actors from the Wire on this. Is there a writer, producer, director or someone with some kind of connection to that show and this? Can't just be a coincidence.

17. Been enjoying this but I think JJ is still at the top

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I think, at this point, it's fair to say that DD S2 is the worst of the Netflix seasons now, aside from The Punisher inclusion. Jessica Jones was definitely my favorite- great writing, very interesting characters and villain, and it just left me so impatient to see the next episode every time. I got that feeling with season 1 of DD, but it was a little slow for me at first.

It's hard for me to say if I liked DDS1 or Luke Cage more. I have a little bias towards DD just because Fisk is my favorite villain in the MCU, but I'd much rather see Fisk interact with Spider-Man.

19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I've never been into buying soundtracks on vinyl, but this is cool as hell:

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

"i always liked dana. anna was a bitch" maybe the worst line of any of these shows

jj > dd2 > dd1 > lc

21. HalfHearted

Regular

Hated Diamondback, some terrible lines, and the fight scenes were so bad. Other than that, I enjoyed the show a lot.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Cottonmouth was a way more interesting villain. What a bummer.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

renewed

Henry, coleslawed and AndrewSoup like this.
  24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I honestly couldn't finish the season. I'm on ep 10, and just have no desire to.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i'm kind of the same way, after cottonmouth was gone my interest fell hard.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.