Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Luke Cage (Netflix) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Wesley was fantastic. The unpredictability at the end was incredible.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Jessica Jones is definitely my favorite, though Luke Cage is great so far (I'm halfway through). In spite of loving Daredevil S1, I still haven't finished the last third of S2, and my lack of motivation there casts a shadow on that whole series, fair or not.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. jorbjorb

7 rings

on episode 3. liking it so far.

5. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I agree these seasons should be trimmed down by 3-4 episodes. A lot of fluff and unecessary flip flopping with the plots. That said, this is the best iteration of marvel tv yet.

I hate how in both JJ and this, there are multiple moments early on to get the bad guy, and for story sake alone they don't take the advantage.

6. Enjoyed this quite a bit. Felt like this season dragged the least out of the 4 seasons of Marvel Netflix shows. I think my personal ranking would be DDS2 > LC > JJ > DDS1.

I was sad to see Cottonmouth go. Diamondback was fine, but not nearly as compelling to watch. The Method Man scenes might have been my favorite moments of the season. The score and musical performances were consistently great in this. I liked the Jidenna opening scene.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  7. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

my ranking is similar. except move DDs2 to the end.

8. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

still need to finish this, about halfway through so i'm not gonna rank it yet. for the previous seasons, id say:

JJ > DDS2 > DDS1

9. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Still need to watch this. Are there any cameos from other marvel Netflix characters?

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Just Rosario.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Daredevil season two was a mess, guys.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  12. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I don't know how anybody is putting S2 over S1.

13. Kingjohn_654

It started strong though.

14. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

Because season one was similarly messy, season two has better character development and better performances?

Davjs likes this.
  15. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

there was also that small-time criminal dude from Daredevil, too.

the guy who Daredevil beats the crap out of in the first season/episode

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  16. Tim

Also, one episode begins with the voice of Trish Walker from Jessica Jones, via her radio show, Trish Talk.

Also, Reva, Luke's ex-wife who was killed as part of Jessica Jones, appears via flashbacks to Luke's origin.

AndrewSoup and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  17. Tim

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

As a white person looking in, I disagree with a lot of what they are saying. I think coming from opposite backgrounds, I see the show as having done a lot for the issues at hand. I understand that I've never been in those shoes, and I can understand their rationale behind a lot of it, but we ill-informed folks definitely have a lot we can take away from this. Sure it may not be as deep as it could be, but it opens up a lot about the issues.

19. Kingjohn_654

Guys. I need to start watching this show.

20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Daredevil season 2 had a lot of problems but it also had a ton of fantastic parts.

zigbigwig and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  21. Tim

As a white person... I'm not comfortable arguing about how well it captures blackness even a little, lol. I do love the show (so far; on episode 10 I think), but I'm also all about letting actual black voices discuss what they like and don't like about the series. Just 'cause it's a step in the right direction doesn't mean it can't be critiqued, y'know? Hopefully future seasons improve in the areas that these writers pointed out.

Either way, I love what I've watched so far and look forward to finishing the season.

22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

@Henry can we fix the title for this show now?

23. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

At ep 9 and I'm loving this season so far! I can't decide if it may actually top Jessica Jones for me. Definitely a close one.

24. coleslawed likes this.