Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Luke Cage (Netflix) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 23, 2016.

1. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

yeah, you're fine.

i'm 3 episodes in right now and i love the tone so far.

airik625 likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This is great. The score is pretty out there.

3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

First two episodes are excellent

4. AndrewSoup

6 episodes in and it's already so goddamn good, man

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

@Dominick what are your thoughts? I know you enjoy it, would love for you to expand upon that.

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

This whole thread is worth reading.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This show is pretty damn funny, given a lot of the subject matter.

Can't get over how weird the score is.

Kima!

Wharf Rat likes this.
  9. joe727 Oct 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 1, 2016)
    joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

I'm on E10 and i'm really liking this, but I have to say the sudden switch up of main antagonists in the middle of the season was really weird and jarring.
    I felt like Cottonmouth was a much more complex, layered, and interesting villain than Diamondback. Diamondback is a really cool character and was superbly acted, but i didn't feel like there was much depth there at all, he is a little too one dimensionally evil compared to other Netflix MCU villains we've seen.

10. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

Watched the first two and have been loving it so far. Ali is really shining as Cottonmouth

11. Great so far. Love everything about this. The cast, soundtrack, story...it's a breath of fresh air. I love Daredevil but some episodes can be a drag and some characters/acting can be bad. This hasn't hit that point yet. (I'm 4 episodes in)

12. EngineDown

“There ain’t no return policy. This ain’t LL Bean”

stayillogical, AndrewSoup and Henry like this.
  13. EngineDown

Jet Li bit was great

Henry likes this.
  14. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

The aesthetic of this show is probably the best out of the without a doubt. And there was that video the other week about marvel properties not having discernible musical motifs and themes, but this series doesn't share that problem.

Henry likes this.
  15. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

The latter part of this season was definitely weaker than the first half, but man this season has the best ending of any of the Netflix MCU series so far.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

They really need to cut these season orders. Around the half way point, this show hits such a lull.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  17. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I think this might be the best of the four seasons of Marvel shows on Netflix. It might seriously be better than Jessica Jones. I have three episodes to go and I have to say that I am loving this so much. Mike Colter is just unbelievably good in this role. Such a shame he'll likely never be in the films considering all the problems between the TV and Film divisions of Marvel Studios. He deserves to be a movie star in this role, no doubt about it. The charisma, the physicality, the plain coolness of his performance is undeniable.

coleslawed and AndrewSoup like this.
  18. AndrewSoup

i've got one episode left i'm so excited to watch it after work today

and i agree with this, tbh
    i really liked Cottonmouth/Stokes. i was actually surprised when Mariah killed him. he was really well written like all the Netflix villains. Diamondback however, feels more like one of the MCU villains in his portrayal.
    Also, i really loved Method Man's cameo. that was hilarious when that robber stops to gush, lmao

19. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

That exchange had me rolling. And then Method Man rapping in Sway.

4/4 so far. Loving Netflix/Marvel way more than MCU films. I was satisfied with the ending but also agree with most of your sentiments. Sad to see Cottonmouth go so early and felt like he was the best villain. But at the same time I couldn't say it was a bad decision as it really made me feel something about the character.

Can't wait for Iron Fist.

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The convenient store exchange was so perfect. Haha.

21. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I've watched the first 5 episodes. Enjoying it so far and just going to take it in a few episodes at a time.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Shades was such an underwhelming character.

Davjs likes this.
  23. EngineDown

Cottonmouth getting arrested so early seems a bit weak

24. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I think this has the fewest weaknesses throughout. And Colter was born to play Cage, perfect. If Diamondback was as awesome as Fisk, Kilgrave and Punisher, I'd say slam dunk it's the best season. Still probably is though. I do know Daredevil season 2 is last out of the four. The other three I just totally love so it's hard to choose for me.

25. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Daredevil S1 is probably my favorite. Wesley and Fisk my favorite characters.

Henry likes this.