Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Loving (Jeff Nichols, 2016) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by brandon_260, Apr 17, 2016.

1. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

Loving
    , which stars Joel Edgerton and Ruth Negga as Richard and Mildred Loving, an interracial couple who married in June 1958, were arrested, thrown into jail, and exiled from the state. For the next nine years, the couple fought for their marriage and the right to return home as a family.

Nichols second this year. Set to premiere at Cannes, then start rolling out November 4.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

definitely down for this

4. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Ruth is so good on Preacher, this sounds great

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

lol Nick Kroll

6. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Nick Kroll sort of took me out of that trailer a bit, and honestly, the rest looks so good. I just can't not picture Ruxin saying all that in a mocking way.

7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone see this yet?

8. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

It opens here today. Going to try to see it over the weekend.

9. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

So this is basically Nichols doing Sirk. Not as good as his first two, but it's solid prestige drama.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

this is really good, I trusted Nichols would be able to avoid cliches but it was still remarkable how well he was able to do it

11. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Very good, admirably restrained. Particularly the proposal scene and the scene where Richard talks with his black friends at the bar.

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Anthony_ and mad like this.
  13. Morrissey

Trusted

It is weird how long long he has been gone. He was one of the most promising young directors about a decade ago. His films since Take Shelter have been good, but not on the same level as his first two films.

jkauf likes this.
  14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Sounds like a cool story, love Driver, and Nichols has been consistently great so I’m in for that

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

imthesheriff likes this.