Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lovebreakers – Primary Colours

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

On the debut record from the power-pop band Lovebreakers, they channel summer vibes and great guitar hooks into a crowd pleasing package. Primary Colours was produced/engineered by veteran Davey Warsop (Green Day, Foo Fighters, Weezer), and he gets a great performance on each of the ten tracks from this four-piece unit. The band plans to hit the road next year in support of punk rock legends Social Distortion. With such a tight-knit group of songs found on this debut, it should only be a matter of time before many others catch on to Lovebreakers’ greatness.

Led by the summery vibes of the opener, “Eye Roller,” the band quickly establishes their brand of British power pop with a touch of punk rock sneer. Other great guitar-driven songs like “Laura” and the great bass-driven pick me up of “Horizons” let the listeners into the world of impeccable pop hooks, with well thought out lyrics and song structures. My personal favorite in the set found on Primary Colours comes with “Cling On,” that reminded me of the pop brilliance of Fountains of Wayne with the punk-tinged storytelling of Social Distortion. It’s on songs like this that Lovebreakers channel the best parts of the 70’s and 80’s power pop movement, and still leave their fans clamoring for more.

Overall, there’s plenty to like about this band called Lovebreakers. They made a charming set of ten songs that flow together brilliantly from start to finish, with no filler tracks needed at all. With so much great promise in their debut, I have a feeling that Lovebreakers are going to be one of those “bands to watch” as the year unfolds and they get back to touring.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

WashedOut likes this.
  2. WashedOut

Just came across this album and it rips. Still wish Sharks stayed together.