Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Love (Netflix) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 7, 2016.

1. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I'm tempted to watch this but the trailer didn't really grab me

2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Really didn't like this because I thought there were a lot of similarities to This Is 40, which I also don't like.

Cody Nelson likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Love This is 40

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

Wife and I just finished this on Saturday. We both really liked it. Not really "funny" per se but any fan of Apatow (and I am lukewarm on his work) will enjoy this show.

5. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Loved this, it's definitely similar to This Is 40 and other Apatow works, but it works in its favor, thought both of the leads were phenomenal and Bertie is my new favorite character ever

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. sdnyjns

I am not a robot

I loved every minute of this show. Paul Rust is one of my favorite writers/comedians and Gillian Jacobs has killed it in everything she has touched. The character development switch midway through the season was kinda jarring though. It was like everyone turned into an asshole, haha.

7. sdnyjns

I am not a robot

Also, +1000 for Claudia O'Doherty. She's the best on CBB.

trevorshmevor and DrAlanGrant like this.
  8. OotyPa

fall away

Awesome show

9. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Finished Friends and then watched all of Love this weekend - really really enjoyed it. Starting How I Met Your Mother next.

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Just watched the whole season today (very lazy Saturday). Really enjoyed it. It's weirdly charming. Bertie is my favorite. Jordan Rock as Kevin is great too.

11. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Patiently awaiting season 2.

12. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Bertie really is a great character and great actress

trevorshmevor likes this.
  13. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Started watching this last night, really enjoying it.

14. muttley May 16, 2016
    (Last edited: May 16, 2016)
    muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

"So I'm bangin' this girl and the pictures start falling off the wall. I think I'm killing it - it's an earthquake."
    "Nothing dries up a vagina more than a paragraph."

Kevin has some of the best lines on this show.

marceting likes this.
  15. marceting

Trusted

I swear every few weeks I catch myself singing "Carlito's Way"

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  16. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I find myself randomly singing "the per-per-per-per-per-perfect Storm" all the time

Aaron Mook and marceting like this.
  17. Oh boy. Are you familiar with the ending of HIMYM?

18. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

I've heard nothing but horrible things but I do not know how it ends. I am just starting season 8 - or maybe it's 7 - so I'll find out soon!

19. You move fast haha. Good luck!

20. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. I'm wondering what it's like for someone who gets to binge the whole thing rather than wait the full nine years.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  21. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

I had some time off last month because I started a new job last week, so there was some time in between + some vacation days, which I mostly used relaxing.

I seriously get FOMO for shows that I wish I could have watched live instead of binge just to experience it all. The only show I've ever watched live was LOST - just because before college, I didn't watch too many tv series and preferred movies.

22. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

I think my girlfriend binged HIMYM for her first watch and liked the ending. I binged it after stopping watching live in like season six or whenever nora was on and wanted to snap my laptop in half.

Ryan Gardner, Dirty Sanchez and SpyKi like this.
  23. Gday.Jacko

I love this show. Really charmed me. Season 2 needs to hurry upppp!

24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Noticed one fun little detail: when Gus and Kevin are talking in one of the episodes about how great Dave Chappelle was as the black friend who gives advice in You've Got Mail. Dave's character in that movie is named Kevin.

25. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I just recently got around to this and I'm almost done. Enjoying it a lot. Mickey is kinda unbearable in a couple of these episodes though