Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Louis C.K. Crossed a Line Into Sexual Misconduct, 5 Women Say • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 9, 2017.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

apologize to the victims! don't talk about trying to redeem yourself!

2. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

"I'm sorry" would definitely be a good addition

But really it's just at a point where a statement doesn't matter

Hell it never really matters except for maybe your own growth, a statement should never save a career

zachmacD likes this.
  3. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Glad he took responsibility. We can rip apart his statement, but what’s the point? No statement no matter the content and wording could ever repair what he’s done. To me, it seems he said all he could. Seems like an honest reflection, and certainly not as offensive as a list of excuses.

Bummed he turned out to be a POS. Enjoyed a lot of his content, but it feels good to live in a society that is actually starting to weed out these people (at least in entertainment to start).

zachmacD likes this.
  4. zachmacD

Trusted

I meant more so because it was commented that he talked about himself a lot. But yes, the statement is irrelevant.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  5. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Harassment by definition is persistent. He ask, she said no, he didn’t do anything (for one of those cases).

Isn’t the whole issue lately about consent? He’s getting bashed for asking? Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do when it comes to anything sexual so that you won’t get into any issues?

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

there were power boundaries. he abused those power boundaries in order to convince women to be okay with this and then not talk about it

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  7. zachmacD

Trusted

Based on my understanding, he reached out to a bunch of them and apologized over the phone. You just want to see physical evidence of that? What would be the point of him letting the fans know that he already apologized? People would just say he's trying to make himself look good. I'm not sticking up for him or his despicable behavior but compared to the other statements I've seen, his seemed pretty honest

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter