Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lou Reed Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by The Format, Apr 13, 2016.

1. The Format

Regular

What's your favorite Lou Reed song? (including Velvet Underground etc.)

2. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

I expect to see plenty of "Satellite of Love"s, "Pale Blue Eyes"s, and "Walk on the Wild Side"s, but I think I'm going to say "Femme Fatale".

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Lou Reed solo: Perfect Day
    VU: After Hours

4. junkmanserenade

Where are your friends tonight?

Perfect Day for solo, Heroin for VU. Those might be the cliche answers, but for good reason.

5. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

Not nearly as well-versed in Reed's solo career or Velvet Underground as I'd like to be, but for now I'll go with...

Solo: "Andy's Chest"
    VU: "Heroin"

6. teenagemustache

I used to be cool...

Favorite solo song: Perfect Day
    Favorite VU song: Beginning to See the Light

7. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Fuckin' hell, Berlin is incredible. I feel like only break it out once every other year, but when I do...

8. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

My mom rode in my car today to take my brother to school and when I drove it I noticed the velvet underground and Nico CD was on "Heroin" so I can only wonder what she thought about it at 6 am

9. cshadows2887

Gave Street Hassle a first listen yesterday and it's a really good record. Very ambitious but still loose and live.

10. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Animal Serenade coming to vinyl on Record Store Day 2018 inspired me to dive into that album and Ecstasy

incredibly strong stuff tbh, dunno why these weren't heralded more as late career resurgences for him

11. cshadows2887

Rock n Roll Animal is just such a special record. Hunter and Wagner have such an incredible chemistry, as good as any guitar duo in rock, and hearing all these incredible songs performed in the arena-filling, grandiose style they deserve just never gets old for me.

Aregala likes this.
  12. cshadows2887

The Transformer episode of Classic Albums is really such an essential watch. You realize what a magic, fleeting moment they caught.

13. cshadows2887

I know I'm the only one bumping this but:

Hot damn is The Blue Mask fantastic. Not sure he ever played with a more sympathetic pair than Quine and Saunders.

Aregala likes this.
  14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

a perfect songwriter

cshadows2887 likes this.
  15. cshadows2887

I'm making an effort to pace myself with his career cause I don't want to rip through his whole career in a few years. I need to know there's more Lou on the horizon for me.

phaynes12 likes this.
  16. cshadows2887

I've started reading Victor Bockris' Transformer biography and it's fascinating thusfar.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  17. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I just bought that too, excited to dig in after watching a bunch of hilariously antagonistic interviews

18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Transformer is my favorite album by him. Underrated musician.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  19. cshadows2887

Seriously. For all the love The Velvet Underground gets, it still seems like his solo work flies a little under the radar. Especially stuff like The Blue Mask and Coney Island Baby

xapplexpiex likes this.