Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LOST TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Ughhhhh you're all making me want to do a rewatch and I have so many other shows to watch!!

2. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Same here. Probably this summer.

3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I caught the exact moment my roommate was hooked and it was magical.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Yeah my gf convinced me last year to finish it. I stopped watching after the third season, for no real reason. Had to re watch it from beginning to end. Easily one of my favorite shows ever and a good bonding experience for us no doubt.

Also, I finally convinced my gf to watch Battlestar Galactica. Finished the pilot. She dug it. See where it goes from here..

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Mine was the big reveal at the end of Walkabout.

CarpetElf and coleslawed like this.
  6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

That was it. I was just reiterating from before haha.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I love watching big episodes with someone that has no idea what's coming. I'm so giddy the entire time but I'm determined to not let on that it's about to go down

CarpetElf likes this.
  8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I just want to at least be there when someone experiences Through the Looking Glass for the first time.

fronkensteen likes this.
  9. TedSchmosby

Trusted

My dad didn't even recognize Kate at the end. I rewatched the show for three seasons in anticipation of this moment and I get him going, "Who's that?"

10. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

LOST is the first show I really watched live every week, I remember seeing commercials for it so I decided to start watching. I vividly remember the way my gut dropped during this reveal and is probably responsible for my deep love of serialized television.

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

When I first saw it took me a few seconds to realize it was her.

12. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

LOST was the first show that I ever used Netflix for (or maybe it was the Blockbuster mail version, because I definitely had that at one point). The first season debuted when I was on my honeymoon (that's dating me a little) so we missed the first season since we couldn't watch the pilot and used the mail in DVDs to catch up before Season 2 (also probably the first show I DVRed while we finished catching up). So many great memories of/with this show.

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Rewatching this and finishing up season 2. It just reminds me that some things never made sense. Like, Desmond believing the button didn't do anything.

14. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Desmond thinking the button was useless doesn't make sense?

15. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, in the flashback, he runs back to the station and things are going haywire. So, clearly, the button has some functionality, but he doesn't communicate this to Locke when he approaches Desmond about letting the clock run down. And also, I don't really understand Charlie's reaction to the events. He basically just goes to hang out with Claire after watching his friends maybe blow themselves up. It isn't anything big, I just do not understand these sorts of character inconsistencies.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Or why the others pretend they're island bums

supernovagirl likes this.
  17. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, it seems like a lot of trouble for no particular reason.

supernovagirl likes this.
  18. Season 2 felt like they just threw every storyline they could while stalling. Not my favorite season at all

19. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

I think 2 IS my favorite season, haha. The intro of Desmond, and that scene where Michael shoots Ana Lucia, Libby, and then himself is maybe the biggest WTF moment in any show ever.

irthesteve and ramomcferno like this.
  20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Season 3 finale, yo

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

coleslawed and CarpetElf like this.
  22. Letterbomb31 Mar 17, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 17, 2017)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Wasn't the idea to instill fear into the survivors to keep them under control? According to Lostpedia, there were 71 survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 initially- that's a lot of people, and from what we see of the Others' little village, there may have actually been more survivors than there were Others. Appearing to be a bunch of savages is more intimidating than if they had just presented themselves as normal. It allowed the Others to manipulate the survivors more easily and made them appear more omnipresent than they actually were. Idk, that's just my understanding of it haha

23. Yep of course there are some iconic moments but as a whole the season doesn't work. I don't get why they had to waste all those characters for... cheap story plots and deus ex machinae. I think it is the most flawed one next to Season 6.

24. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, Charlie's a real piece of shit. Even into season 3, he is very possessive of Claire and is trying to push her into his idea of her motherly duties.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  25. Charlie, Kate and Jack were among the characters I liked the least. Jack got better as he went on though and I loved him in the last few seasons.