Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LOST TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

The way they executed Charlie's death was very touching. 'Greatest Hits' is a top 10 episode for me and it doesn't even include the actual death, which was one of the biggest moments of those first few seasons.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

My first date with my (now) wife was her first watch and my 7th of the first couple episodes. Works like a charm.

3. michaelvalerijr

The 2nd-3rd rewatches of the show are the best. You're finally done watching solely to see the mysteries doled out, and you get to focus on all the genius Easter eggs and aptly placed (metaphorical) little sticks of dynamite set to ignite the story.

Chris Yates likes this.
  4. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I'm in my 2nd rewatch right now, and you really couldn't be more right.

michaelvalerijr likes this.
  5. michaelvalerijr

It's crazy, man. Even little things like remixed visual callbacks to earlier scenes blow my mind. It's by no means perfect, but for when it came out, it just did so many of the little things that set it apart beyond the captivating story.

6. Letterbomb31 Aug 15, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 15, 2016)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I've been rewatching the show (this must be like the 7th time or something) and I've just reached season 6. This is definitely the weakest season. All the stuff at the temple is the worst arc this show ever had. Sayid's story this season is just so poorly cobbled together and feels like an afterthought to pad out the season. Also, I don't think the flash-sideways stuff works as well as they thought it would. It's strange, because in the finale, the flash-sideways stuff works really well. It's perfect. So it's a shame they couldn't have just saved it for the finale instead of plaguing us with it throughout the season? Idk. I'm surprised at how incredible the finale is considering how weak season 6 is as a whole. It's a top 5 episode for me.

7. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Truth.

Also happy 8/15

8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah the temple storyline just was not very good.

9. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I think 3 is a little weaker than 6, I'd take the temple stuff over the jail cells any day. But both are bad and both have other moments in their seasons that make up for it.

10. TedSchmosby

Trusted

The second time I rewatched this show was so satisfying. I loved being familiar with the characters and the world that the show established for itself, but I had forgotten enough that I wasn't jaded and every episode was still exciting.

11. Letterbomb31 Aug 16, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 16, 2016)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

No way is season 3 weaker when it has great episodes like "A Tale of Two Cities", "Flashes Before Your Eyes", "Enter 77", "The Man From Tallahassee", "Catch-22", "The Brig", "The Man Behind the Curtain", "Greatest Hits" and "Through the Looking Glass". The only episode in season 6 that can hold its own against them is "The End". In fact, season 3 is second only to season 1 for me.

1 > 3 > 5 > 4 > 2 > 6

I do love them all though. Lost is easily my favourite TV show.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  12. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I know a lot of people love 3, but I can't stand it haha. Those episodes you named are all great (enter 77 and catch 22, eh, good not great). But the rest of the season has soooooo much filler. The whole first part where they're in the cages, stranger in a strange land, left behind, all pretty bad episodes. Even some episodes I like, like Tricia Tanaka or Expose or Par Avion, feel unnecessary. It just felt like the show was stalling a lot and looking back I absolutely prefer the increased pace of seasons 4 and 5 (my two favorites).

I know it's an unpopular opinion though haha, and I don't really have any defense for s6. It's pretty bad for its own reasons.

I would go 4>5>1>2>6>3

13. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I'll admit that while I don't consider it one of the shows highs, the whole story arc with them in the cages at the start of season 3 is one that I've always enjoyed. Never understood the hate for it. Admittedly the flashback in "Stranger in a Strange Land" is the show's worst, but the on-island stuff is solid imo. I always enjoyed the slower episodes like "Tricia Tanaka is Dead" and "Par Avion". The first season is the slowest, most character-focused season and it's the best.

I actually feel like I was a bit harsh on season 6. As well as "The End", I'd consider "Lighthouse", "Ab Aeterno" and "The Candidate" to be some of Lost's best episodes. Even though I think it's Lost's weakest season, I still greatly enjoy watching it.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  14. fronkensteen

Trusted

I think the flash sideways worked very well, actually. But yes, the temple with the "other others" was ridiculous and stupid.

Still a great show.

supernovagirl and Oskarr like this.
  15. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

I forgot how much of an ass Charlie actually is.

16. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I think every character on the show gets pretty insufferable at some point, but I guess they have reason to be.

Except you, Kate. Except you.

17. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Charlie was a creep

18. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Kate is probably the most consistently insufferable character on the whole show, haha

coleslawed likes this.
  19. 5Stories

Regular

Absolutely adore this show. I was such a massive nerd when this was airing. Big on Lostpedia, the forums, listened to about 8 different Lost podcasts each week haha. It was such a unique and dense show to dive into. Definitely wasn't perfect looking back and there's a tonne of mysteries which really never got a satisfying answer but considering the ambition and the fact they were making 24/16 episodes a seasons, it's remarkable it was this good. I watched the first few episodes again recently and might just be pulled back into a full rewatch as I've not actually seen it since it finished airing mainly because of my nagging disappointment with the final season (and I was so desperate to love it!).

20. TedSchmosby

Trusted

One of my greatest regrets in life is not following this show when it was on the air. I was young and assumed from the few promotional photos I saw that it was more along the lines of a CW show

21. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Oh man, I forgot that they bury two people alive at one point.

22. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

14568043_353439854998649_5113242477797971956_n.jpg

23. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

RJ Knorr and chewbacca110 like this.
  24. timcsheehan

Regular

starting a rewatch today because i need the escapism.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. TedSchmosby

Trusted

as much as i love rewatching this show, one of my greatest regrets is not choosing to follow it when it was airing

Petit nain des Îles likes this.