Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LOST TV Show • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I guess if anyone wants my set, it goes for like $150 on eBay, I could part with it for like $125 for any of you. Basically new, watched each disc once.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  2. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I love the set but hate how the discs are held. It was never s good idea to have discs against paper or plastic but somehow that didn’t die for a long, long time.

I also have the Dharma season 5 kit and regular season cases of all six seasons.

If they ever do another complete collection set thing I’m probably gonna be all over that.

RJ Knorr and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  3. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I’ve got 4 seasons of King of the Hill left, then I think it’s time for my fifth (I think?) rewatch.

oldjersey likes this.
  4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

If anyone hasn’t seen The Prisoner, it’s on prime now and absolutely worth diving into as a Lost fan. Honestly it’s worth watching entirely separate from Lost, but I’m sure most fans of this would take an extra amount of enjoyment from it. I just finished a binge and I forgot just how much they borrowed from it.

Fans of that show have had 50 years of ranting and raving like we do for Lost, and there’s still no end to the discussion and theory and influence that it has. I’d love to hear what others here think of it.

5. jmitch0906

Quorn

After I finish my rewatch of lost, I am going to give that show a go. Sounds excellent, appreciate the rec.

6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Sweet! It does have some aspects that are very of their time, like you can certainly tell it is late 60s mod insanity, but it was made with such high quality that it aged beautifully compared to most things from that age. Kind of like Twilight Zone.

7. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

You’ve definitely piqued my interest. I’ll have to watch this soon.

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I still can’t believe they got away with making such a profoundly STRANGE and challenging show. It’s so cool. They did a lot of things that Lost viewers claimed were too hard to follow and out there, but decades before and without the internet to help people come together and ask questions.

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I keep being told Twin Peaks is the same way.

10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I love Lost but Twin Peaks is on another level completely, haha

11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

You need to watch Twin Peaks!!!!

But without going into spoilers, The Prisoner is weird in completely different ways. They get into storytelling techniques that most shows still wouldn’t touch with a giant pole.

oldjersey likes this.
  12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Okay so you're big on Twin Peaks? I need to be sold on it still haha.

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh definitely! I’m huge on David Lynch in general, and Twin Peaks is one of my favorite things he’s ever done. It has a warmth and a heart that is sometimes hard to find in what he does, and so much of it is just truly iconic. You can watch it as a fan of a million different genres and find something to enjoy.

coleslawed and oldjersey like this.
  14. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

ya gotta watch twin peaks

15. marsupial jones

Started a rewatch Friday night :heart:

Random weird line: in the first part of the pilot when Charlie is singing “You All Everybody” Kate says, “my friend Beth loves you guys”. But knowing what we know about Kate, she likely never had a friend named Beth who would talk to Kate about the music she liked so I found it odd she would randomly say this.

Less random: how many times Charlie almost dies in the pilot episode alone.

- almost walks in to the running / sucking engine (another character does this and it explodes)

- piece of exploded engine almost lands on him

- he almost slips while climbing the steep incline inside the front part of the plane (may not have killed him but would have injured at least)

- he almost gets smashed by the metal cart in his first flashback scene after he gets high in the bathroom

airik625 and Letterbomb31 like this.
  16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

this show was good and the ending ruled :)

17. Matt

I just started a rewatch tonight!

18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Is it still streaming anywhere or do I need to pull out the box set next time I do one?

19. Matt

I was ready to grab my old DVDs but it's on Hulu

20. marsupial jones

I started my rewatch with my Blu-rays. Reminds me that the Xbox One controller fucking SUCKS as a remote.

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

yah we know dude

22. Matt

I can’t stop thinking about how no one on the island is wearing sunglasses

Not a single person

23. marsupial jones

nitpick: i think Shannon or Claire wear sunglasses in one of the first few episodes for a scene, other than that - yeah, no one ever has or finds sunglasses. i guess it would make sense that most people would pack them in their checked bags, but since they found a bunch of those they should have also found some sunglasses.

24. marsupial jones

also not a lot of people wearing shorts even though the plane left from Australia and is going to LA. two climates where shorts would be appropriate and necessary and yet all males are constantly in jeans and don't even make jorts.

25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

not a lot of sunblock either!

Dirty Sanchez, coleslawed and Matt like this.