Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LOST TV Show • Page 22

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

This is a hard show to binge/rewatch just because of how much time you really need to give it. I always manage to get into season 3 before i fall off

2. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I rewatched it a few months ago and found it super easy to binge. Flew through the whole thing in like a month, which is way quicker than my usual pace.

3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm a big gamer so I usually play something that doesn't require my full attention at all times (RPGs) and I'll have something like LOST in the background. I'll only do that for rewatches, not for a series I have never watched of course.

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I have definitely started multiple binges and made it through two seasons or so before getting distracted and forgetting for a few weeks/months and then by the time I want to go back I realize I would need to just start over to get in the right headspace and I give up. It’s terrible.

Did anyone here follow the weird giveaways and AR stuff they did back in the day? I’m still forever jealous of the guy who won the DHARMA/FOB bass.

5. drewinseries

Drew

Wait, you don't pay attention to RPGs?

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Haha no, i'm saying RPGs are not constantly engaging, they usually are waiting for your next command (I love turn-based RPGs) where as if i'm playing COD online it will be a lot harder to have something on in the background I could actually follow.

7. drewinseries

Drew

Oh okay I see. I used Rainbow Six Siege to study. Would read inbetween rounds/deaths.

8. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Earlier an Open Mike Eagle song that I’ve heard 100x came on, and I clear as day heard a lyric that used to go in one ear and out the other: “mad at LOST and that black smoke”
    It’s so quick and as soon as it clicked I looked at my ex and was like OH hey I get it now!

9. jmitch0906

Quorn

S/O agreed to start this once we finish the last 2 episodes of FNL.

Since we've been together, we've watched The Wire, FNL, West Wing, Parks and Rec, and a few others. Can't wait to rewatch Lost, haven't watched it in at least 2 or 3 years.

CarpetElf likes this.
  10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

FNL is such a great ride.

11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Anyone have a decent guess as to why/how Jacob can leave the island? Is there an answer?

supernovagirl likes this.
  12. supernovagirl

In our pms @EASheartsVinyl mentioned that they had a lot of cheeky silly ads and stuff back in the day and it made me think of this gem my ex showed me

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Is this not canon?

RJ Knorr likes this.
  14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd recommend checking out all of the Jimmy Kimmel Lost related videos, especially the post-finale episode.

15. supernovagirl

what do you mean? I'm pretty sure it is!

I meant that you reminded me of it because it was clearly an absurd cheeky real advertisement they aired

that sounds like...a lot? lol like im intrigued but also overwhelmed?

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I think it’s specifically probably something to do with controlling the electromagnetism of the island/elsewhere in the world, but in a general way I think it’s that because he is in control and protects it he has abilities and privileges that others don’t. The rules don’t apply to him like they do for the others.

oldjersey likes this.
  17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

It's so funny, I started S6 last night and during the first 30 minutes there were so many damn questions I plugged into my phone to get answers for to put everything in context again, I legit got a headache from taking in to much info at once and trying to process it all. This damn show. Once I got everything straightened out though I was so into it. Can't wait to go through a lot of it this weekend.

RJ Knorr and supernovagirl like this.
  18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh no, I was just making a joke as if it wasn’t being cheeky or weird but literally something that aired on the show. Lol. I love that it’s a real thing and not a fan edit.

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

A lot of the 70s aesthetic stuff was really funny too but I’m having a hard time finding some of it now. I need to pull out my crazy box set and remember all of the little jokes they threw in the package.

20. supernovagirl

ohh haha yeah ok were on the same page now lol

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Desmonds episode in Season 6 is spectacular

22. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

You can’t tell me this isn’t the coolest packaging ever for a complete series. there’s other videos of the secrets and messages within the packaging and are super cool

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s by far my favorite boxed set. I felt like a fool after buying the super massive season 5 set and then that on top of it, but it’s so cool I don’t care now.

24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I have that Blu-ray set also, but I actually am about to sell it on eBay (oops sorry)

coleslawed likes this.
  25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I didn’t have a blu ray player when it came out and it makes me so sad! Of course I could always get standalones for the episodes themselves, but I wish I could get the best quality out of my copy.