Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LOST TV Show • Page 20

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m actually surprised at all the season 5 love! I feel like that’s always been kind of forgotten in a lot of discussions. It actually may be the one I’ve rewatched the fewest times, since I’ve done certain seasons and episodes without a full rewatch before. I wouldn’t put it as my favorite but most seasons I could probably come up with an argument for as the best if I needed to.

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Noooo, I have no idea what to pick. All my old avatars don’t make sense anymore.

3. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Can I ask what kind of things, if you can remember? Just certain deaths or?
    I cried too, but also a lot of stuff makes me cry lol

Also now that I’m thinking more about it I’m even more confused haha definitely need to read up like I said. It feels like there were just so many different story lines and hard to keep track of them all. Almost like they’re entirely different stories.
    Like I get that a lot of the island is “magical”/mythical/unexplained but then they gloss over that in the end to explain the side flashes
    Just sort of weird.
    I feel like they were at times trying to paint this really big allegory or whatever cloaked in 10 layers of metaphor but I think it got off track so many times it wasn’t successful at that (for me. Maybe someone else understood it and could explain better obviously)

4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

"The destination is the journey" is probably the most basic kind of lesson to what the whole series was about.

supernovagirl likes this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I think this show did the best job of any show I can think of, making you actually feel like you relate to or know the characters. so much of the show was spent on building their personal lives and backgrounds, so yeah most major deaths really got me. But also there are emotional moments between characters, for example i definitely teared up during the S1 scene where sawyer basically tells jack that he met his dad in Australia and that he was proud of him but never got to tell him. Also, the finale destroyed me. The charlie/claire reunion still makes me ugly cry, and the final scene with jack and christian and the following church scene gets me every single time haha

6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

"I love ya, Penny!"

[​IMG]

supernovagirl and Sean Murphy like this.
  7. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Having lost my dad a few years after I watched LOST - if I eventually rewatch that finale/church scene, I am going to cry even harder than I did the first time.

oldjersey likes this.
  8. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

why'd you ruin your post with that awful Spider-Man gif lol

@Dinosaurs Dish

chewbacca110 and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha, that was just one of the first google results for crying gif!

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s also about how connection to others is what really matters, and that that thread is true LITERALLY no matter when/where you are to those you care about. And that was all tied up really well.

As someone else said a few pages ago too, there are tons and tons of answers that actually answer a bunch of the big mysteries or small random questions, but they didn’t all happen in a super in your face way so it may be easy to miss. By the end of the series I think most of the big things were specifically covered, especially about the island itself. I remember a lot of the criticism of 6 at the time being that they went too literal and less mysterious, which was funny when everyone was also ranting about not getting answers. It was a fun time to be online, lol.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah exactly, it's like, I couldn't care less about how that frozen wheel shit works, haha. I'm glad they didn't waste time on answering something like that.

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

people stick to the silliest things. someone once said they didn't like the show because they never explained the hurley bird.

13. marsupial jones

we've become a world where we want to know how everything works and then complain endlessly when we get an answer because it's not what we thought or would have preferred it to be.

main example: all the "origin" stories for shit that we don't need origin stories for.

for me personally, i love the vagueness of things, or being left to think of my own reasons / explanations on how something works (frozen wheel, Hurley bird, Jacob's cabin, smoke monster details, etc.)

Halloween (film franchise) works best when we don't know shit about Michael Myers beyond the fact that he's an unstoppable killing machine. but then someone started asking, "but... why?" and then we get backstories and other nonsense that takes away the mystique of the character and franchise (to me).

we do this with way too many things.

with LOST, i'm happy they didn't have time to nail down details to every single thing they showed or talked about :-)

14. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I just want to say in response to everyone saying the characters, their development, their relationships etc is the most important takeaway of the show...is literally exactly what people say about pretty little liars as well *sips tea*

15. marsupial jones

isn't that the most important part of all shows, except maybe comedies? (genuinely asking, not trying to sound smug but that's hard to do in written form)

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah but does PLL have wild polar bears?

17. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

oh my god why was the hurley bird such a big deal lol

18. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Does anyone remember their dumbest LOST theory from back in the day? I'm trying to remember what I thought was going on.

19. marsupial jones

at the end of season 3 when Kate and Jack see each other on the airport runway my brain went "HOLY SHIT! JACK ORCHESTRATED THIS! HE'S A BAD MAN! WHAT A TWIST!" :crylaugh:

it wasn't so much a theory, but for some reason the way Kate looks at Jack was kind of like a "what are you doing here?" look and almost immediately i realized that wasn't the case, but that moment instantly came to mind when reading your post.

EASheartsVinyl, Matt and CarpetElf like this.
  20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Not Lost, but I definitely subscribed to the “Don is DB Cooper” theory for longer than I’d care to admit

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i binged it over christmas break in 2009/10 when i joined netflix, in time to watch S6 live with all my friends so i wasnt really in on theories much as it went on, but i remember thinking at one point that the whole show was a dream jack has on his flight back to LA and that the show would end with someone like Rose waking him up as she was exiting the plane lol

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

that was my favorite theory that i didn't really ever see happening but i got behind it

23. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Hearing that voice say "Previously on LOST" was so awesome each episode, haha

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

This is not about LOST but about Breaking Bad, and it is was worse than a dumb theory sigh i'm ashamed of telling this,

In BB S2 when those planes crashed at the end of the season I actually thought that the Air Traffic controller father made it happen by him telling them coordinates that made them crash into each other. I said it in the BB thread during the AP.net days and man did I get everyone hootin and hollerin. I was so damn embarrassed and feel like such an idiot looking back on it hahaha.

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I really don’t want to get in this fight today, but PLL is so gross and toxic and poorly written just please stoooopppppp.