Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LOST TV Show • Page 19

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Season 4 rules

-The flashforwards are great and make the show feel fresh again

-The freighter folk

-Shorter and more concise (tho part of that is due to the writer’s strike)

-The Constant!

-The Shape of Things to Come!

-No bad episodes

Second best season after season 5

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

*Obligatory season ranking posts ensue*

3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

There's no way I could rank the seasons. Not because it would be too difficult but because I have near zero memory of what happened when and haven't watched an episode in 5+ years.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I kind of stuggle to rank seasons for any show, it's just not an easy method to rank by in my opinion cus there's too many variables. Unless it's a show where there's a steep drop off (or increase) in quality, or something like American Horror Story or Doctor Who where two different seasons can feel like a whole different show.

marsupial jones likes this.
  5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Mad Men:

7 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Agreed, my favorite shows I can't rank the seasons

Except for Mad Men, this is highly accurate.

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

IT JUST KEPT GETTING BETTER

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That's a perfect show, imo

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I was the one that said that about the sideways timeline, but I’m only referring to the end scene in the church. I don’t think everything we saw in the sideways was for Jack, that wouldn’t make any sense.

But in the church you have things like Sayid being with Shannon and Desmond and Penny don’t have Charlie and other characters who are still themselves, but not necessarily reflecting what was the most important aspect of each of their lives or times on the island/with each other. As they said, time doesn’t matter in that place, and they aren’t all actually going through this experience at the same time anyway, so I don’t think it’s a huge leap to think that their experience differs as well as “when” they go through it.

I was struck by that at the time it aired, and I’ve only believed it more after all this time. Everything from Christian being the one to walk him through to the specific people we see just is SO Jack, and of course the final shot adds to that.

Letterbomb31 and supernovagirl like this.
  10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Also I still can’t get over how angry Mad Men makes me and finding out the showrunner is a creep does not make me want to keep pushing. I swear this thread is trying to test me today. Lol.

11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Does Mad Men make you angry because of what Matthew Weiner did? Or is it something about the show specifically?

Obviously, you don't need to answer if you don't want to get into it.

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Mad Men was sooooo good I wanna rewatch that one too. Haven't heard anything about the showrunner though

13. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Oh lol I meant to ask how y’all refer to smoke monster Locke? Earlier I said “locke”. When watching, we called him not-locke lol

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I know we’ve talked about it before, but I find the sexism so appalling and handled in a way where it doesn’t do anything but show how rampant it was without any new criticism or commentary that I just get livid every time I watch it. They’re sexist beyond the point of any reason, and I don’t find any of the men likable or relatable in any way or want to know more about them. Finding out that the dude in charge actually treats women as objects really makes me question any of the actual “commentary” they go for throughout the series.

15. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

i've heard lots of people refer to him as Smocke.

supernovagirl and oldjersey like this.
  16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Un-Locke, Anti-Locke, anything as long as it’s a terrible pun to take away from the UNSPEAKABLE TRAGEDY of his life.

supernovagirl and chewbacca110 like this.
  17. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Locke 4EVA

18. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay, I think I recall talking about this before with you and can certainly understand how you'd feel that way.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

These are all fair points, especially that last line, I never thought of it like that. Do you feel like the conclusion of Joan and Peggys storylines make up at all for the sexism clearly shown in the series? I feel like that's displayed in order to show how meaningful it is/was for women during that time like Joan and Peggy to move up in that same industry that displays so much misogyny. I'm not trying to justify it, but at least it seems it has some meaning.

20. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Literally could not back this post harder.

kbeef2 likes this.
  21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I've never seen S4 get so much love, i'll clearly have to revisit.

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

No show or movie has made me cry like Lost did

23. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I would go 5>4>1>2>3>6

24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I actually have never been able to finish the series because of how little I enjoy watching it. I was pushing through a while ago but realized I shouldn’t be forcing myself to watch something that brings out negative emotions only. I may try again if I want to be mad at some point, lol.

I know a ton of people have said that the story ends up “making up for it” or whatever, I just disagree that you need to have years of unrepentant and uncalled out hate in your show to get that idea going. Compare it to something like The Sopranos which ALWAYS was self-aware and clearly did not agree with what the characters were doing, even if it showed their own justifications, and how even at his most pathetic Don is still shown to be super cool and sexy and mysterious, and it’s a big difference in tone.

Interestingly of course he was a writer on The Sopranos, which is a bummer in my watching now, but his own show just seemed to take the worst of them and put it in a pretty package.

Lost has its own issues with sexism in the show and on set of course too. I still feel so awful for Evangeline Lilly.

oldjersey likes this.
  25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Can you get an avatar please and thanks

coleslawed and supernovagirl like this.