Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LOST TV Show • Page 18

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

@EASheartsVinyl I may have been a little cruel about season 4, just like I am about FNL season 2. They aren't overall bad but they are without a single doubt my least favorite seasons of each respective show, and they happen to be the writers strike seasons, coincidence!? I THINK NOT.

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t have the energy for this, someone bring me an Apollo bar for strength.

3. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

season 4 was the first one impacted by the writer's strike, but the strike ended up doing wonders for the show as it allowed Cuse and Co. to outline what the show would be for the remainder of its run and dictate that it would only run 6 seasons and allow them to cut out filler like "Stranger in a Strange Land" type episodes.

4. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Sorry only have dharma bars

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

okay first of all, Season 4 gives us

FRANK LAPIDUS

DANIEL FARADAY

AND KEAMY

three of the greats

6. marsupial jones

part of the reason some things stay mysterious or got cut away is because to the showrunners those weren't the main concerns focuses, so when they went down to 12-14 episodes a season from 24 they left a lot on the cutting room floor and only focused on what they wanted to, which made a lot of things left vague or unexplained

supernovagirl and oldjersey like this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Shit, I love Faraday, this is a good point.

supernovagirl likes this.
  8. supernovagirl

Faraday is the only one that matters from that list! He’s the best. He’s definitely one of my favorites.

Also keamy is the literal worst get out

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

So much disrespect to Miles and Charlotte, I can’t believe the audacity.

Honestly that season just has so much amazing stuff brought to the story, I’m shocked at all the hate. Even with the strike most people I have talked about the show with put it either at the top or very close to it. It had such a good mix of lore and character development/introduction without getting bogged down by distractions as much as some other seasons.

coleslawed and RJ Knorr like this.
  10. supernovagirl

I would have to examine the seasons specifically more. I consumed it so straight that it’s hard for me to differentiate the seasons.

11. supernovagirl

Also let’s be real time travel stuff is inherently confusing lol the concept itself and keeping track of all of what was going on was really tough. And then that ends and launches into a whole other confusing side-timeline (is that what y’all called it?) lol

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah there is so much to consume, it's why the series has such high replay value.

supernovagirl likes this.
  13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

They're referred to as "flash sideways" and it's portrayed as a character is in reality still alive and then "flashes" over to a purgatory-like universe where all the characters meet up and are woke up to the fact that they're in this other dimension, reality, whatever, etc... waiting on one another in order to pass on to the next level of the afterlife.

14. supernovagirl

Okay yeah I’m pretty sure I understand that bit then. So like to be clear, jack and Juliet were never married with a son?

I already want to watch it over again lmao because I already forget so much. Consequence of watching high probably.
    I kinda forget how it actually ends for them in ‘reality’/on the island. I remember some but not all.
    I also kept getting confused because they were separated so much, across time but then also across the island in the end so it’s hard for me to keep straight where they all fit together in the larger picture.
    Like I remember in the last half of the last season I kept being like “wait where tf is ben?!” (I do remember his ending tho)

Also I can’t remember who said it but someone said there were pairings in the church that only made sense to jack, or something to that effect? I was wondering who you were referring to

15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I can't believe I'm about to watch LOST again

16. marsupial jones

same. i've watched it so many times (believe it is 23 to be exact but who knows anymore) and i may just start it up again tonight.

i got the itch last week but never got started.

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Some of the timelines for stuff is fuzzy to me as well, so I can't answer all of that stuff. And I wasn't the one who mentioned Jack's pairings earlier, but I can attempt to give an example of how I see it, even though it might not be the actual 'answer' if there even is one in the first place.

My thought on that is when he sees everyone in the church and that Christian explains that the time of the island was the most important period of his life that this flash sideways we're seeing and experiencing is Jacks' personal afterlife, as if each and every one of us have our own custom afterlife "created" for us and it's filled with what was important to our journey. For example, look at Jin and Sun. I don't buy that they're afterlife is meant to be spend with just everyone in that church we saw but that they each had their own personal afterlife with each other and their child and that childs' children and family and whatnot.

That's how I took it. And we're just experiencing Jacks' afterlife.

EASheartsVinyl and supernovagirl like this.
  18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Highly impressive my friend. My most watched is Sopranos i'm halfway through on my 7th rewatch right now.

19. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I've been meaning to do a rewatch after my Hawaii trip, maybe once I finish rewatching GoT

20. supernovagirl

Okay. Interesting. I can understand that. But I think that makes some of the flash sideways stuff...weird? Like then what was the purpose of all of them remembering one by one and being interconnected and why was sun SHOT and Charlie like overdosing and all that stuff if it was just jacks personal after life? Like that makes little sense to me.

21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd like to watch it all again but man... 121 episodes is quite a bit of time to dedicate to it. I'd rather do that with something I haven't seen before.

22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I wouldn't

23. supernovagirl

That’s so many times

coleslawed likes this.
  24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Maybe somehow there infinite flash sideways purgatory afterlife's and somehow our souls have to wake up and do exist in their own conscious in each one of them? That could be it. Sounds fun, haha

25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Like, Desmond has his own afterlife that he had to wake up in and Penny was there and maybe their family and friends we never saw in the show are gonna be there. But his consciousness is still awake and function in Jacks' afterlife, and Charlie's, and everyone else, etc...

coleslawed and EASheartsVinyl like this.