Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LOST TV Show • Page 17

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Oh that’s what you meant. I just meant at the end of the day they both are the same thing to us the audience. It sure seemed like even in-universe he didn’t have a name but I guess it’s possible he did. Just a weird nonsensical thing IMO

2. supernovagirl

Learning that the writers strike effected multiple seasons honestly made perfect sense to me and explains somewhat the inconsistency and confusion.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

In case I did, any pretentiousness was definitely not intended. My comments were more pointed at the people that I've talked to and walked them step by step what Christian said to Jack and how the whole final season and flash sideways worked and they just glazed their eyes over and responded with something like "Idk, I still don't like that they were dead the whole time," or whatever.

At that point, they clearly don't care to give one iota of time to try and understand something and want it spoonfed to them even more or just don't care in any way in the first place. Nothing wrong at all about being confused by the ending in any way whatsoever.

supernovagirl likes this.
  4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm bashing more the 'Lost Season 6 fucking sucks crowd' which there are many.

Dinosaurs Dish and supernovagirl like this.
  5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Season 4 is bad but it is no where near as Season 2 of Friday Night Lights bad.

Actually idk which is more watchable, FNL season 2 kinda has that so bad it's good kinda thing?

jmitch0906 likes this.
  6. supernovagirl

Thanks for explaining more. If you feel like spoon feeding me how everything worked then by all means :crylaugh:

It’s not so much that the ending confused me, more like overall everything :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:
    Oh yeah I’ve heard that. I definitely loved the last season so I don’t get that.

I know people hate this comparison (which makes me love it more) but I started comparing it to Pretty Little Liars p early on. Meaning, episodically it’s amazing. It’s got everything you want: mystery, comedy, romance, edge of your seat action, life or death risk. I used to pore over theories every week for PLL the same way everyone in here did for LOST.

But in the context of the bigger picture and storyline, it falls apart.
    The writers get caught up in making each episode amazing and have you convinced everything means something (in PLL meaning everything is a clue, in LOST meaning everything is a metaphor for something) so people eat it all up but in reality as a storyline it isn’t great

7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I think for starters, not everything in Lost makes sense and that's something I just had to come to terms with a long time ago, haha

But that doesn't really bug me as I care more about the emotions and where the characters end up.

jmitch0906 likes this.
  8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm also not gonna act like I didn't do hours of reading and watching youtube videos after I finished LOST in order to understand everything, because I absolutely did, I am not the brightest bulb in uhhh where ever you would find light bulbs.

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah I know you're a Sopranos fan as well, we are kinda used to the loose ends never getting tied up kinda deal haha.

10. supernovagirl

Totally. Like I said I had experience in that regard with PLL lmao

And yeah deff, but at least you can admit that. I feel like most people insist it’s this masterpiece with no faults. You can care about the characters and be invested in their story (I cried multiple times) and still admit that the storyline itself isn’t super logical

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  11. supernovagirl

Lmao that’s exactly where I’m at, gonna do so much reading to understand it all but just started here.
    And as conceited as it is I feel like I am pretty bright/ can keep up with confusing storylines pretty well, so when something loses me I’m like well then it couldn’t have been THAT logical lmao

Also it’s just funny how people are like “lol 70% of the audience didn’t get it!” And they use that as a way to say that they’re ~so smart~ for understanding but I’m like lol if something didn’t make sense to the majority of its audience I would make the argument that it did not make sense a story intended.

12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Whether they were caused by the writer strike or just poor planning and writing, there are definitely faults. Nearly everything has faults though, so that's not a big deal to me. There are only a few movies/shows that I love that I could say don't have them.

13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Do you have any questions about a character or storyline specifically?

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Lmao I said that, but i'm also an asshole.

Just wait till you rewatch it down the road, it is such a great rewatch when you know the explanation to everything. I think that's where the show really shines, is on the rewatch.

15. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I really want to watch this show with my girlfriend because it is super important to me, but I worry that the cliffhangers, twists, and general WTFdom would be too much for her. She likes explanation too much to just let it fly lol.

16. supernovagirl

Yeah at least lost has the benefit of claiming nonsensical things were a product of the writers strike lol which a ton of stuff WAS a product of that imo

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

My girlfriend is so weird, she WANTS me to spoil stuff, she likes to know what happens then see the character arcs that take it there. She's an english teacher so I guess that makes sense? She's a sicko though, when she buys a book she will read the last page or two before starting it!!

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Wasn't just season 4 affected from the strike??

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Ummmmmm I think I need to lie down seeing this compared to PLL. It’s too early in the morning to be that upset.

Also I need to fight whoever said season 4 is bad. It’s so incredible and The Constant is like the single best episode I’m just so hurt.

20. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

My girlfriend and I started a horror movie podcast, so sometimes she wants me to spoil things that may be excessively violent, but I suppose that's a different thing.

But reading the last page first?! Fuck outta here.

oldjersey likes this.
  21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Are you dating Harry Burns?

22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I truly wish I get this reference, I do not.

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

OH NO. This thread is just going straight for my heart today. Billy Crystal’s character in When Harry Met Sally always reads the last page of a book first in case he dies before finishing it. He mentions it early on as his “dark side” and later we see him do it, lol.

oldjersey likes this.
  24. supernovagirl

I dunno if I should try reading up first but basically fucking not much made sense to me

ALSO even tho yes my watch through was more recent than everyone else’s so more stuff is fresh....there’s also stuff that slips through the cracks when you binge watch like that. So some stuff might have been explained and I missed it or forgot it

My major point of confusion is the last season and overall storyline.
    Are people saying the side storyline is just straight up not real? Aka the atom bomb in the well didn’t work/they definitely still crashed on the island

There was just so much in the last 2 seasons that were so hard to follow because of the time differences and the fact that some people were on island and some weren’t etc etc

There are a ton of minor questions I have that don’t rly matter, like why exactly widmore was trying to kill Ben/them
    And there was so much double crossing in the last season it’s hard for me to keep track of what was real (like was widmore trying to kill them? Or was that “Locke” who made it look like that? I honestly don’t remember)

Hahah you might have said the 70% thing but it’s a sentiment expressed commonly that the majority of the audience “didn’t get it” and I just roll my eyes at people who claim THEY get it and it’s other people that are stupid

25. supernovagirl

I thought it was 2 seasons or a season and a half but I could be wrong

I will fight you all day long lol they are incredibly similar and I will die on that hill and have a whole damn dissertation on why
    I’ve put a lot of thought into it so trust me I’m right :P

Also I don’t mean season 4 is bad I just thought it was clear that it had different writers and tried to go a different direction and then when the writers were back they kinda nixed all that shit and tried to get it “back on track” IMO