Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

LOST TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Lost is an American television drama series that originally aired on the American Broadcasting Company (ABC) from September 22, 2004, to May 23, 2010, over six seasons, comprising a total of 121 episodes. Lost is a drama series containing elements of science fiction and the supernatural. It follows the survivors of the crash of a commercial passenger jet, flying between Sydney and Los Angeles, on a mysterious tropical island somewhere in the South Pacific Ocean. The story is told in a heavily serialized manner. Episodes typically feature a primary storyline set on the island, augmented by flashback or flashforward sequences which provide additional insight into the involved characters.

2. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Man do I miss this show.

3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Me too. With all the major networks bringing back or rebooting shows (24, Heroes, Prison Break, X-Files), always makes me curious about this one... (although they've said they're not going to).

4. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

I hope they don't reboot it but I love this show and re-watch it frequently.

5. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I still need to go through and re-watch this all the way through. I've made it halfway through season 2 like five times since the show ended.

6. I would probably not watch a Lost reboot. I haven't done a rewatch of the series in years, and I recently found out that my girlfriend has only seen the first two seasons, so it's on our list to go through soon.

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

All time favorite show, nothing has even come close to recreating how this show makes me feel

michaelvalerijr likes this.
  8. ramomcferno

I would watch a reboot but the thought of it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

9. Crit

Crit happens. Prestigious

Glad there's a LOST thread on Chorus already. AP's LOST thread was The Best.

10. airik625 Apr 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 3, 2016)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

True.

Where have you been though?

11. Crit

Watching LOST.

Okay, that's not true. I was on the site a bit. I checked the news page a few times a week but almost never went into the forums.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. airik625

Well it's good to have you back. (Assuming you are back)

Crit likes this.
  13. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Those old threads were mighty fun.

airik625 and Crit like this.
  14. Crit

The new site looks nice. I will probably mostly be reading news, discussing whatever Brand New does, and occasionally popping into the entertainment forum. Whenever they reboot LOST, which I have no doubt will happen in the next 5 years or so, this will be the #1 place I want to be to discuss it, no doubt.

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

CRIT CRIT CRIT CRIT YOU ARE ALIVE HI I LOVE YOU WELCOME HI HI HI HI

Crit, airik625 and Jason Tate like this.
  16. Crit

I was trying to think of some joke about how just because I was posting something on the internet didn't mean I was alive, but it just wasn't working out and it's not very funny anyway. Good to see you around again. Love the "formerly irthesteve."

17. Neo Cassady

Summer taunts the weak. Prestigious

Literally every time we finish a show at my house, I suggest a LOST rewatch next. And I almost always get shut down, usually with the rationale that 3 times is enough. Nope, not even close. Might have to start it again on my own.

18. James

I'm glad there's a thread for this show even though it's been done for almost six years. My absolute favorite show. Nothing else has come close to the emotional connection I feel with the characters. I've never invested so much into a show before with all the speculation, reading theories, dissecting episode titles. Ahhhh good times.

Who was everyone's favorite character? Gotta go with Desmond on that one.

Crit and airik625 like this.
  19. airik625

Feels like it's been off for way longer than six years.

I think Jack will always be my favorite character. Sawyer is undeniably awesome though, too.

James and Crit like this.
  20. ramomcferno

I agree. This was such a special show watching experience for me both online and with my friends. Probably my favorite show all time too.

I am also a huge Desmond fan! He is the best!

21. Crit

I can totally see why some people were not Jack fans. There's plenty of reasons to choose from there.

And yet him and Desmond were my favorites.

airik625 likes this.
  22. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Jack was definitely my favourite character. That's not really saying much though I guess because I could go on forever about how much I love each character. I've never seen another show with such a great number of incredible characters.

23. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Hard to pick but I've got to go with Ben.

24. James

I wasn't a huge fan of Jack at first, but once he started to realize his importance and what he needed to do I started to love him. I think him being dense and ignorant about the island and everything that Locke was telling him was important for his character. The show's characters all went through some sort of trial because of the island and the people they were with. And Jack's fits with the what Chrsitian told him in the finale. To 'let go'. He needed these people and the island just as much as they needed him.

Crit likes this.
  25. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Picking a favorite character is tough. I loved Desmond, as evidenced by my avatar "I'll see you in another life brotha". Also liked Charlie and Sawyer.

ramomcferno likes this.