Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Campesinos! - Sick Scenes (February 24th, 2017) Album • Page 24

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by matthaber, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Proper. are indeed opening the whole thing. More LC! news alluded to on their mailing list so I think we're getting a new record this year.

2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Wonderful news

Carrow likes this.
  3. Can't wait! Proper mentioned being back in NY in August at their last show here, but this is even better than I'd hoped for.

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

MFer yes!

5. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Gotta hit up Toronto, especially on a Saturday. Nice.

6. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

I noticed some Los Campesinos references in the song title on their most recent album and thought maybe it was coincidence. It appears not. Nice to see that bands they look up to bring them out. Actually feel like this is a better fit for them than when they toured with The Wonder Years. Even though they are referential to them as well in songs.

7. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

sorry to bump this with no new news (dying for a new album though) but I've been listening to them a bunch lately and just noticed their wikipedia has their real last names now (instead of just "____ Campesinos" and I never knew Gareth and Kim were siblings

9. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

Biggest Ever Los Camp! Live Show Announced, With More To Come...

This is going to be so sick. Im definitely getting London tix. Last time I saw them was during covid and it was the weirdest gig experience of my life, and I'm so thankful that that shit has largely passed over the last few years and we've been able to see bands in packed venues again.

The amount LC! do to accommodate fans with different needs/vulnerabilities is unmatched at their level. They're just the absolute goats.

Plus it looks like they're looking to book a run of US shows before the end of the year.

LC4LYF.

10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I love them they’re the best

but give us a new album, please!

Cameron likes this.
  11. StatusAilments

Regular

They did tease new music being played at their UK gigs, so I'm hoping that means a new album ahead of their US tour next year

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

where did they say that? the last few email updates haven’t mentioned new music at all, which has me concerned

nevermind, I just read further down haha. Well that’s good they acknowledge some new music!

13. Haven't seen anyone post this new remaster but I'm really enjoying revisiting the whole thing.

Ready for a new album next year!

14. StatusAilments

Regular

No Blues still probably ranks as my favorite of theirs, but Sick Scenes is really close. Looking forward to hear what their next album sounds like!

m9tt and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  15. m9tt

heaven knows what i am

No Blues is also my favorite LC! album... The lyrical content is spectacular, the album as a whole just flows, and it's just easy to listen to.

StatusAilments likes this.
  16. New album next year all but confirmed

Thrillcollinz and StatusAilments like this.
  17. thebloodhound

Regular

It’s happening

Carrow likes this.
  18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The interview in their last email is really good. The bit about the cheerleaders being confused and annoyed recording Avacado Baby is really funny

m9tt likes this.
  19. KeynDooee

Living Legend

I ordered a signed No Blues vinyl from recordstore.uk. Never seen that sort of thing made available, had to jump on it.

20. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Carrow likes this.
  21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Man, I’m forever gona regret not seeing them when they were last in Pittsburgh because they’re never coming back

22. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

I'm psyched to see them for the first time next year and they'll be playing new music.

Outstanding.

thebloodhound likes this.
  23. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Ticket secured. Pumped for more LC!

SpeckledSouls and StatusAilments like this.
  24. StatusAilments

Regular

Got my Philly ticket! Can't wait!

25. SpeckledSouls

Trusted

Also got my ticket.

I understand (some)of it. But my ticket was $24 and the fee was $11. I hate this world.