Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Campesinos! - Sick Scenes (February 24th, 2017) Album • Page 20

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by matthaber, Nov 2, 2016.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Gareth has done interviews where he's very open that they fucked up the tracklist for Hello Sadness. Changing the song order and including Tiptoe... would have helped a lot. I still love that album a lot though

I would kill for them to do a "darker" toned album like Too Many Flesh Suppers. That song is super underrated

2. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

I don’t know how Tiptoe didn’t make it on there, always thought that was crazy.

3. One of their best songs for sure.

I Am Mick and matthaber like this.
  4. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

tiptoe is an all time great but i can understand leaving it off. album was very ballad heavy and wouldnt of fit as the follow up to death rattle

5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I really like Hate For the Island and Light Leaves, but TipToe could easily replace one of them

6. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I love Sick Scenes so much.

thebloodhound, Carrow and matthaber like this.
  7. matthaber

8. matthaber

give me that romance is boring remaster + NA tour similiar to hold on now youngster

Aregala likes this.
  9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The best album

10. matthaber

Los Campesinos!

Remaster of Romance is boring + Repress of ‘All’s Well That Ends EP + Zine about making of romance is boring

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  11. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

dopeeeeeee

12. matthaber

All's Well That Ends EP is so damn good and i hope more people listen to it. The added lyrics to In Media Res are essentially the quintessential Los Campesinos lyrics

the rural juror likes this.
  13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I have no need for the vinyl but I REALLY want that zine. Wish they were selling it separately

Borat 2: Vengeance and matthaber like this.
  14. matthaber

as i listen to sick scenes more and more, the more i accept Hung Empty being the potential "last" LC! song

15. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

16. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Light Leaves, Dark Sees II and Selling Rope are way too low but otherwise it’s a solid list

17. the rural juror Oct 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 21, 2019)
    the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

In Media Res and Letters to Charlotte should both be top 10, and Light Leaves II has no business being so low, but otherwise pretty decent.

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

“Every Defeat A Divorce (Three Lions)” is a great song and should be much higher up on the list.

Thrillcollinz likes this.
  19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

i almost stopped reading when I saw Too Many Flesh Suppers so close to last place, and then I did stop when they had Little Mouth at #79.

That writer is deranged

20. cardinalfoxrabbit

Every Defeat a Divorce is like, my favorite Los Campesinos! song, so this list is kind of sort of disappointing for me? Hello Sadness is also my favorite album of theirs, or tied with Romance is Boring.

Also, weirdly enough but the more that I think about it, When Christmas Comes is actually one of my favorite Los Campesinos! songs, and my favorite holiday song in general. It's so good y'all.

21. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

A Slow, Slow Death should be higher but I just sighed is a fair choice for #1

22. Jesse West and Carrow like this.
  23. I wish I still had all the Heat Rash singles, I'm struggling to find the first three

24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

You can buy the 80 page zine separately from the album now at Los Campesinos! can't wait to read it

25. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

18 for shipping. This is what our UK friends usually feel, isn't it?