Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Campesinos! - Sick Scenes (February 24th, 2017) Album • Page 18

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by matthaber, Nov 2, 2016.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

That second set is fireeee.

If anyone finds some videos post it here please

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

3. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

Sorry ?? :shrug2:

4. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

This album is still super fucking rad.

matthaber likes this.
  5. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

6. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

Last night was the best night ever, and Los Campesinos! are the best band ever.

My friend passed out and smashed his head on the floor because it was so fucking hot in the venue and we missed most of the encore, but it was still the absolute best :fist:.

Have fun you guys who are seeing them on the US tour.

LC4LYF.

7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

8. owlwolfpossum

October is No Blues season

mattylikesfilms and m9tt like this.
  9. thebloodhound

Regular

I need that show in my life right now

10. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

It looks like there’s only seven songs from the first two records being played on this tour which is disappointing; I thought this was supposed to be a celebration of those first two records?

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Seven songs seems like a lot considering they’re only doing one set.

12. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I dunno if we need five from Sick Scenes tbh. They already toured on that record.

13. matthaber

that set list is legit flawless, i will not hear this

Joe4th likes this.
  14. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Very glad to see death rattle though.

15. matthaber

this band has never written a bad song so tbh id be happy with any combination of songs

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  16. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Glad to see they switched it up a bit in seattle, so excited for tonight! Anyone else going to the Portland show? I honestly think they picked a venue too big for them, but I feel like it’s a win win; if it’s partially full, it’ll just be more intimate; and if it’s packed, that’s great for them!!!

17. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

They could play all of Sick Scenes for the rest of their lives and I'd be happy. I'd also say that about any of there's other records since they're all great.

Jesse West likes this.
  18. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

The Portland and Seattle sets were exactly the same though they didn’t play for flotsam in Portland.

Illuminati hotties are the most fun live band I’ve ever seen.

19. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Also that venhe was maybe...1/4 full?

20. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

21. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Ha! There ya go. It was actually kind of cool though, 200 people in that huge venue all pushed right up against the stage.

22. TJ Wells Nov 4, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 4, 2018)
    TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Ok I just looked and the Columbus venue is 200 cap and the Portland venue is 850 so...not really a fair comparison.

Edit: And Philly is 1,200. C'mon Gareth!

23. Yeah I get what they're going for but of course the smaller venues will sell out more quickly.

Just on a bragging points note: I saw a guy selling all 4 Heat Rash singles on eBay a week or so ago and I ended up copping 'em for like €55, shipping included, no 'zines. Considering how rare they are to come across in the wild (they fly out on Discogs - like every so often I see one having been sold like a month or so ago and I'm like, 'what? I never saw this happen???') that's a pretty good deal. You bet I'm ripping those things when they arrive because out of that whole set only Allez Les Bleus and She Crows (DMEB#4) have been released elsewhere.

24. fucking gross practices here by the venues on the US tour

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Shit makes my blood boil. I don't know how widespread that practice is, but bands should straight up boycott any venue that does that. If they think they're entitled to a profit from a product they had literally nothing to do with, then I don't think they're entitled to any door sales, drink/food sales or promotion from a band.

Shame those venues in the cities they listed

Carrow likes this.