Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location • Page 59

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Also not wrong.
    On kinda the same tip, I grew up by Randy’s and never came. Now I have made it a Sunday tradition when going to visit my parents and do laundry because it’s right off the freeway and has a drive thru and I don’t have to get the kids out of the car.
    BEDC6BA5-4833-45FA-AFDF-8ED541BE9B5F.jpeg

2. what a great day to not vote for Rick Caruso!

hoping some good comes from this election

David Parke likes this.
  3. things I learned at Pride:
    wear sunscreen
    wear something that covers your shoulders, maybe also a hat
    avoid crowds to get a better view of the parade
    take pictures of people, not just floats
    take video, not just pictures
    have a headband or bobby pins to keep hair out of your face
    bring food, or at least snacks
    bring a buddy, or a group
    actually talk to people, make friends

David Parke likes this.
  4. happy summer eh?

David Parke likes this.
  5. Lightning last night was beautiful!!
    81BA5F06-6348-4290-8D55-773389647366.jpeg

Ferrari333SP and stvvvn like this.
  6. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

That thunder made me bolt up right at 4am. Thought there had been an explosion it was so loud

stvvvn likes this.
  7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Anybody in the San Diego or LA area want a free ticket to the VHS Collection/Fly By Midnight show next week Wednesday the 20th? At the House of Blues in San Diego. Just remembered I booked a campground stay up in Morro Bay starting that night, so now I can't make the show. I can transfer the ticket it looks like in Ticketmaster

8. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Anybody interested in two GA tickets for Frank Turner at the Wiltern tonight? Going to Sound and Fury so I can’t make it.

i spent just over $100 but the pair is yours for $40

9. Shadow Hills fire seems to be under control, no evac call, no more helicopter noise. We had someone knocking door-to-door telling everyone to evacuate which caused us to panic for a bit but they weren't LAFD and we're not even sure if they were a neighbor

10. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

My band is coming through the west coast for the first time as part of our Treefort fest tour and I’m struggling to find rooms that the right level of small for us. Curious if this thread has good recommendations for venues in the city that a minimally buzzy rock band with zero California history outside Long Beach could get into. This also applies to San Diego if anybody knows the venues there

11. Off the top of my head I think the Echo, Bootleg Theatre, and Moroccan Lounge are pretty small

Cody likes this.
  12. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

The Lodge Room in Highland Park might be worth a look as well.

Cody likes this.
  13. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

DM me, I may be able to help out

Cody likes this.
  14. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

For San Diego I’d check out Che Cafe, The Merrow, The Casbah, Soda Bar, and possibly the side stages at Soma and House of Blues. And if you need a San Diego artist to open for you, I’m your guy!

Cody likes this.
  15. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Programme, Supply & Demand, Wayfarer, and Resident are more smaller options.

Lodge Room might be my favorite venue in the area. 1720 is also a nice option.

anyone been to the Airliner? Never heard of it until the Wild Pink tour that’s there in December.

Cody likes this.
  16. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Played the Airliner a few months ago and really liked it! Had never been there before or anything so it was a nice surprise. Really great food in the area as well. I didn’t eat there but their food is apparently great as well

17. Anyone been to LA Comic Con? Anime Expo was such a shit show this year and the worst part is I'll probably be back next year anyway. I noticed a lot of cosplayers I follow were at LA Comic Con, though, so maybe I'll go to that next year as well. I just hope we collectively get our shit together by then re: covid

18. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

LA Comic Con is always a solid B.

As far as cons go, it’s not the best run. Lines to get into the con are always too long, but I’ve been going since 2017 and I always enjoy it.

It’s not the huge con that San Diego Comic Con is, but it’s not small either. The guests they get are always pretty decent too.

19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Will be here for a college program from June through July.

irthesteve likes this.
  20. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

time to go to all the dodgers games

21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I feel like a traitor, I left LA for OC over a year ago but I still keep tabs on this thread.... I'm watching you

22. I don't think there's an OC thread so you might as well stay here. I'm hardly in the city myself, though I live in LA County. I feel like the thread is for the general LA area haha

23. Ya I technically live an hour up the coast from LA, but I still lurk in here ha. I used to be in LA a lot more than I am nowadays.

irthesteve likes this.
  24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I live in San Diego but I still lurk the thread haha. I go to LA like 20 times a year though

irthesteve likes this.