Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location • Page 58

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Danggggggg; and we haven't even banned Russian oil imports yet

2. 69, nice

3. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

The Mobil on La Cienega is charging like $7/gallon lol. Always been convinced they’re laundering money there

David Parke and stvvvn like this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

High gas prices are a small price to pay when there's people actually dying in a war. Just remember it's a privilege to complain about gas prices, prices will bounce back eventually

PepsiOne and Ferrari333SP like this.
  5. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

They are a big price to pay for many people, to say nothing of the food cost increases that are coming as a result of the high price of oil. Those will not rebound for a long time.

flask likes this.
  7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I’m heading to la for the day this weekend to go check out the academy award museum. Is there anything in that area I should also check out or any good food spots there I should know?

8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I have the Academy Award Museum as an option to visit on my trip there in July, so let me know how it goes!

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

there's some good pricey stuff, but generally I try to avoid that area haha. Jon & Vinnys is legendary, that's about all I got for ya

flask likes this.
  10. CobraKidJon

I wanted to head to downtown just to get some food after but like I wouldn’t get there until like 2/3 and I know it probably be hell there.

11. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

if you have even a passing interest in cars, the Peterson Museum next door is amazing

David Parke likes this.
  12. Was gonna say Amoeba Hollywood because I go there every chance I get but that's not actually very close to the Academy Museum at all

13. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

hot take, but I think amoeba is over rated

14. flask

Trusted Supporter

That block has Peterson Automotive, LACMA, and the La Brea tar pits.

Amoeba is overrated when it comes to vinyl but their movie section is top tier

15. Idk about overrated, I mostly go for their CDs

16. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

There's also a section of the Berlin Wall right next to the Auto Museum. Before COVID they had food trucks on that side of Wilshire but I'm not sure if they've started back up or not.

You can check out Levitated Mass (sculpture) and some of the open dig sites around LACMA for free!

David Parke likes this.
  17. If you’re headed downtown to eat, Philippe’s is a classic and an icon. I love grand central market for a fun outing downtown. Food at Olvera Street is always good when I got. If you drink, 7/grand and The Varnish (speakeasy inside/behind Cole’s sandwich shop which is also a good bite) are my favorite spots
    Food near the museum: the farmers market at 3rd and Fairfax is a short walk north of the museum and is another classic LA icon. Tons of little places to eat in there (not too dissimilar to how grand central market is set up). If you have a car, pink’s hot dogs is an LA staple and I always enjoy it although the line can be unwieldy. If money isn’t an issue, Travis Barker’s Crossroads is a short drive from the museum. There’s a sugarfish on La brea not too far from there either. Best sushi I’ve had next to Jiro’s in Japan.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  18. amen to Crossroads. delicious food.

David Parke likes this.
  19. CobraKidJon

I’m thinking of just parking my car at the grove and from there walking to the different areas I want to go. I have a few stores I want to hit up that are like 15 minute walks from it.

20. Pro move!

Ferrari333SP and bradsonemanband like this.
  21. CobraKidJon

so I generally enjoyed a lot of the exhibit and all the cool stuff it had. I think for me personally a lot of the older stuff didn’t really connect well since I haven’t seen those movies but I’m for sure going to check out some stuff I thought was cool.

all the props and scripts and little small things were really incredible to see.

Ferrari333SP and David Parke like this.
  22. CobraKidJon

also food wise I ended up just going to Dave’s hot chicken since we ended up on Fairfax and then we tried this pizza spot that my friend heard was really good but we were all like meh.

stvvvn, David Parke and irthesteve like this.
  23. Quintessential LA dining experience. Huzzah!

24. CobraKidJon

my friends comment after la:

we came to the place of good food and everything we tried was mid

David Parke likes this.
  25. Well they obviously didn’t go to Nashville Hot Chicken, Din Tai Fung, or Crossroads then. Haha.

David Parke likes this.