Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location • Page 55

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

2. flask

Trusted Supporter

once I’m fully vaxed I’m digging through some crates

3. I get my second dose on the 30th just in time lol

tho if I'm anything like my mom it's gonna take me out for a few days eugh

David Parke likes this.
  4. flask

Trusted Supporter

You also have to wait two weeks after the second dose for it to fully take effect. That puts me at the end of April lol.

David Parke likes this.
  5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

End of April for me too but I’ll make it out to amoeba on my first fully vaxed day

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

are they still buying CDs? I gotta get rid of my collection finally

7. not sure if it’ll be like this all week but if any of you wanna try!

David Parke likes this.
  8. irthesteve

Yep, I was going to say the same. Pomona Fairplex has been really light as well, they told me to tell anyone I know to sign up and go get it because they hate throwing doses away. CSU Bakersfield, saw the same thing as well.

Everyone, just go get that vax, no need to wait anymore, just get as many people vaxxed as fast as possible

David Parke likes this.
  9. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Got my first dose today at CSU Bakersfield. Had the time and didn’t hear about any of the other closer spots. Super easy and everyone was incredibly kind. Every volunteer I walked past thanked me for being there.

stvvvn, irthesteve and Ferrari333SP like this.
  10. irthesteve

Keep it going CA, we're at 1/3 of the state having the first shot and 1/5 have both. We're getting there!!

Ferrari333SP, Meerkat and stvvvn like this.
  11. irthesteve

bradsonemanband likes this.
  12. I'm going to see Julien Baker at the Wiltern on 11/4. I've been to the Wiltern about a dozen times, but this will be only my second concert out as a trans woman, so I'm a little nervous. I'm so excited to go to shows again, it's just, with quarantine and everything, I still have very little experience navigating the world as a woman. It's like, I come out and then suddenly my safety is always a concern.

13. Meerkat

Are you going by yourself? I won’t know if I’m going until way closer but if I do I’d be totally down to meet up if that would help

irthesteve and David Parke like this.
  14. Yeah. I might ask around to see if I can find anyone to go with. I'll probably be fine, though; the metro station is right across the street from the venue. But let me know if you do go!

Meerkat likes this.
  15. flask

Trusted Supporter

pain

16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

FUCK. really wanted to go to the dome for our trip in october

17. Meerkat

What a shame. Wonder if AMC or somewhere else will start doing more screenings with Q&A’s now

18. flask

Trusted Supporter

hoping someone comes through and runs it. the dome is such a cool place to see a movie. amoeba is literally next door and they're turning that shit into apartments and I fear thats what will happen to this place.

19. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Very, very sad

20. Didn't Amoeba move up closer to the metro station?

21. their old location is being becoming apartments

22. Lucas27

Trusted

"There's helicopters over my head, every night when I go to bed."

This Phoebe Bridgers line meant nothing to me until I moved to LA.

23. Also Japanese Breakfast on 10/2

David Parke likes this.
  24. xkaylinh Apr 16, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 16, 2021)
    Trying to get Lucy Dacus tix but having trouble with AXS

edit: tried again and got it. Just had to reset my password, which is kind of a dumb reason to not have an order go through, but whatever. Lucy Dacus and Bachelor (Jay Som/Palehound) in September, Japanese Breakfast in October, Julien Baker in November.

David Parke likes this.
  25. irthesteve