Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location • Page 54

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Damn. The Saosin show I went to a couple years ago at Chain was so fun. Wish I'd gone to more shows there, but it's always been a long drive to make.

irthesteve likes this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I was at that show too :-)

Joe likes this.
  3. Brent

Destroy What You Create Prestigious

Bought one of the VG shirts... so many great shows there. FOB's secret show, multiple Finch shows, ATL/HTL/Valencia, Cobra Starship opening with two Midtown songs, P!ATD's first CA show and so many others. Really hope they can make it through all this and I can make it back for a show sooner than later.

4. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Chain has been saved for now

brothemighty and Brent like this.
  5. irthesteve

yeah? did they post something about it?

I see there's new logo t-shirts, might have to buy one

6. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

irthesteve likes this.
  7. irthesteve

Great news

8. phaynes12

playing in the band Supporter

wife and i booked our first LA trip for next October. doing 4 days in the middle of the month in LA (and 2 in big sure and 2 in SF). shoutout any suggestions for places to check out, neighborhoods to airbnb in, food, etc.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  9. irthesteve

Which area of LA?

10. flask

Trusted

Silverlake or highland park

11. Ferrari333SP

Trusted Supporter

To me a must-do is a trip up to the Griffith Observatory, especially in the hour before sunset, and then through sunset. Just spectacular views

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

David Parke and stars143 like this.
  12. popdisaster00

I'm usually deluded Moderator

Donut friend!

13. phaynes12

"neighborhoods to airbnb in"

haha. not entirely sure yet. we were thinking either laurel canyon or silverlake areas? but are open to suggestions

14. flask

Trusted

Donut Man > Friend

15. irthesteve

Oooh haha yeah I didn't read that well enough.

I suggest Venice is you want more Santa Monica vibes, or Redondo/Hermosa/Manhattan if you want more low key and less busy area

phaynes12 and David Parke like this.
  16. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime

clown take right here

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  17. Ferrari333SP

Trusted Supporter

Santa Monica is great; Malibu too. Both are good I think if you want to be based not so much in the hustle and bustle of the city itself, Malibu especially so.

Also, some dope rooftop bars in downtown if you wanted to venture down there too

David Parke and irthesteve like this.
  18. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Would recommend staying somewhere more central if you want to see a lot of the city. Los Feliz/Silverlake/Koreatown, etc. You’re going to end up just wanting to hang on the coast the whole time when doing something in the city means 1hr+ in traffic each way if you’re staying in Malibu or Santa Monica.

phaynes12, David Parke and stars143 like this.
  19. flask

Trusted

20. Mid October could be a good time to go to a dodger game! I grew up in the South Bay (hermosa, Redondo, Manhattan beaches) and it really is a whole other world down there. Hard to say if I’d recommend it for a visitor or not. It’s the beach suburbs.
    I always recommend people go to the natural history museum. My favorite place in the city.

21. phaynes12

yeah, we want to be pretty close and walkable to some stuff, and shorter drives to others. we found a couple of cool airbnb’s in silver lake/dodger stadium area. think we’re gonna roll with that.

we don’t super care about the beaches and want to see more of the city-proper stuff. and will probably stop briefly in santa barbara as were driving up to SF (we’re doing the SR1 route as opposed to more direct ways)

22. bradsonemanband

Prestigious Supporter

Donut Friend and Crossroads are always on my list of places to eat at when I’m in LA.

My first time at Crossroads, I ran into Travis Barker, Tobey Maguire, and Sarah Paulson all in just that one sitting.

David Parke likes this.