Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location • Page 52

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Probably should've been done a while ago, but we're finally getting set up for remote connection for everyone at work. Good chance we'll start working from home soon.

2. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

My boss sent an email saying we could work from home if we wanted to but it comes off pretty disingenuous since only 2 people out of the 23 people here could actually do that, and one of them is him. Even the studios we work for are sending people home next week but they’ll still be expecting stuff from vendors, so not sure what it’ll take to get sent home at this point

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  4. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

They postponed the Delta Spirit/Scott Ruth show I was slated to go to tonight.

5. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

All our upcoming shows have even been delayed or outright cancelled. Home today and tomorrow and probably next couple weeks too as no one wants to sign off of any work at the moment.

Whole Foods was an absolute mess at lunch. People need to calm the fuck down

6. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

I work as a grocery shopper for delivery... It's absolutely bonkers. The Ralphs I work out ran out of hand sanitizer and disinfecting anything almost immediately. They've had to limit products and they still run out of water and toilet paper daily.

(I also am currently in Baltimore where I'm scheduled to fly back on Monday and at this point I'm fully bracing myself for that to be cancelled tbh)

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I stopped by 3 Trader Joes, a Vons and a Dollar Store last night on my way home to get toilet paper, sold out everywhere.

Hot tip: Postmates is a good bet for toilet paper delivery, use the code WALGREENS for free delivery if that's where it's coming from

8. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Staples had toilet paper a couple nights ago. Also saw it at the Rite Aid in Altadena last night and then a woman bought all of it

9. irthesteve

people are fucking stupid, if you have to stock up on toilet paper for a potential 14-day quarantine.... you have bigger problems you have to deal with

10. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I actually needed to get toilet paper, but then accidentally bought 1-ply. And had to go back and get more 2-ply. I’m part of the problem

11. lati

Wait I thought this was the politics thread

im not in LA

zigbigwig likes this.
  12. irthesteve

hahaaha

13. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

but how did you get here (i am also not in LA)

14. lati

I love LA

irthesteve and DickyCullz like this.
  15. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

good song by randy Newman

llllllllllllllll likes this.
  16. DickyCullz

llllllllllllllll and irthesteve like this.
  17. universal’s closed starting tomorrow so i have absolutely no clue what to do for two weeks

18. DickyCullz

Stay safe everybody

19. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Not in LA, but really happy with the way our state is responding with this (NM). Pretty much shutting everything down. Working from home for the foreseeable future. I'm a trainer, so I guess I'm doing go to training for now on.

20. flask

Trusted Supporter

Love working at a coffeeshop while everyone who's supposed to be staying home comes in and says "wow can't believe all these people are here." Excuse me sir but you are people. Anyways if my shop closes we're probably fucked unless the government has some sort of rent freeze or unemployment plan ready.

21. DickyCullz

23. DickyCullz

God speed everyone

24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Super sad about Amoeba, it was one of my safe havens when I lived in LA. I hope the Hollywood Blvd. location is successful for them.