Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location • Page 51

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

1. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

i dont think i like that band? i think people used to be like "hey this band is cool like motion city soundtrack!" and i was like, this isn't very enjoyable!! but that was like 5 years ago i guess, i dont really know

3. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I say we should meet up at Donut Friend before The Wonder Years and Spanish Loves Songs show on Saturday since it's at that part of town. We can head over to the bar and then the venue after.

bradsonemanband and DickyCullz like this.
  4. DerekIsAGooner

@DickyCullz There's also a bowling alley called XLanes LA less than a mile away from the Regent. Just saying.

DickyCullz likes this.
  5. DickyCullz

done.

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  6. DickyCullz

7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Meet me at egg slut

irthesteve likes this.
  8. johnnyferris Mar 12, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 12, 2020)
    johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Should we expect shows to still go on tonight or will they follow the Newsom order/recommendation of gatherings < 250 people?

9. irthesteve

Try to contact the venue via phone or social media, or contact the band/openers on twitter

10. xkaylinh Mar 12, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 12, 2020)
    I already have a few shows lined up this year. Parents told me I should stop buying tickets, buuut I just got presale for Thao yesterday. I've seen her once, without the full band. Hayley Williams and Tegan and Sara go on sale tomorrow; I'm not sure if I should skip seeing them this time around. I've seen Paramore twice. I've seen Tegan and Sara twice, but they were both acoustic shows, so I was looking forward to seeing them with a full band for once. I feel like I should stay home as much as possible, but I also don't want to get like cabin fever. I guess it's a good thing I'm not working retail or food at the moment.

edit1: I've made plans to see Mulan with a big group of friends at the new AMC in Porter Ranch, but the release for A Quiet Place pt. 2 was just postponed, so maybe going to the theaters is not the best idea right now?

edit2: Oh yeah, and I was debating whether to go to the Georgia/Kelso show; I've already seen Camp Cope twice as well. The only shows I already have tickets to for people I haven't seen are Anna Burch/Long Beard and Vagabon.

edit3: Okay, in addition to Thao, Long Beard, and Vagabon, the only other show I have a ticket to is Sasami at the end of this month. I've already seen her four times, though...

This post is such a mess haha

11. flask

Trusted Supporter

I'm staying home for the rest of the month.

12. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

I'm still seeing White Women tomorrow, so that's gonna be cool.

13. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

i would say everything between now and end of May is done. just expect that.

Be safe out there team, try to aid and inform the people around you especially the elderly, they are definitely not as online as we are and may not be aware of whats happening.

irthesteve likes this.
  14. I have Silverstein at the end of this month and System of a Down towards the end of May. Just waiting for the eventual announcement that they're going to be cancelled.

15. flask

Trusted Supporter

Even if it wasn't canceled I wouldn't go to any major event for the next few months. The amount of people I saw at the Ducks game last night simply wetting their hands or not washing their hands AT ALL was absolutely appalling.

16. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

i think LA just cancelled everything over 250

17. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I think that's a CA-wide mandate now.

18. DerekIsAGooner

I'm just sitting around waiting for the American Nightmare show on Saturday to be cancelled. I was going to hit up Scum and Villainy beforehand since I was going to be all the way over in Hollywood, but now I guess my plans are all ruined.

I totally understand why, and I'm not going to second guess medical experts. I'm just bummed and ranting.

19. irthesteve

bradsonemanband likes this.
  20. DerekIsAGooner

Just last night my wife and I were just talking about going to Disneyland because the crowds might be a lot lower. Guess not.

DickyCullz likes this.
  21. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Disney stans will stop at nothing to visit Disney so I’m glad people are being saved from themselves lol

irthesteve likes this.
  22. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

yeah we should get ready to all self quarantine for the next two months at least. Reach out to everyone in your family and community you know is vulnerable and make sure they're taking the right steps.

23. irthesteve

I start working from home tomorrow

24. DerekIsAGooner

As a teacher I'm kind of at the will of LAUSD (my charter isn't an LAUSD school, but I'm sure we'll follow whatever the district chooses). I still think that LAUSD will have to go down kicking and screaming when it comes to cancelling classes, but given everything that's happened today maybe it'll actually happen.

25. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I work in a warehouse for a clothing company so I don’t even know what they’ll do