Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location • Page 43

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

1. I think my friend said the bar underneath Yard House in Burbank is good.

2. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Emo karaoke with a full backing live band this Saturday at the Moroccan Lounge near downtown. Anyone interested?

zigbigwig likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Oh man, that's the kind of thing that could get a chorus meetup going WILD

zigbigwig and David Parke like this.
  4. How often do they have that? My next two Saturdays are booked.

5. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I think it's weekly or fortnightly. I would be at this but I'm away until the 28th

6. DickyCullz

oh its fortnightly but the emo version seems to be once a month. they rotate between 80s / 90s / "emo"

7. DerekIsAGooner

I've been before and it's a ton of fun. It combines the camaraderie and nostalgia of Emo Nites (without the whole club atmosphere) with the fun of attending a show. People dance and sing along. Getting up on stage and singing is a huge joy for anyone who used to be in a band and wants that feeling back for a few minutes (plus, this time the crowd knows the words... unlike any band I sang in).

The next one is October 26th at Lucky Strike bowling at LA Live. If anyone wants to go this week or to the one next month let me know. If it's a weekend night I'm down.

David Parke likes this.
  8. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

had fun w you guys yesterday, ty for coming! we will do more, monthly or every other month would be rad if everyone is down.

9. I'll try to make it one of these times. I don't technically live in the LA area, but I'm close enough that I'm there pretty often.

David Parke likes this.
  10. xkaylinh Sep 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 29, 2019)
    Me: oh how convenient, an Umami Burger right outside the venue!

Also me: *walks half a mile to Grand Central Market and Donut Friend for food instead*

11. DickyCullz

Never apologise for getting Donut Friend

12. xkaylinh Sep 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 29, 2019)
    This is even funnier when you consider that I'd gotten off the Red Line at 7th instead of Pershing Square, the latter of which is closer to Grand Central Market (both stations are equidistant from the venue). So, like a big dummy, I walked from 7th & Flower to the venue, then to Grand Central Market, then back to the venue.

anyway
    My phone died in the pouch I had to put it in at the show. I think I left the screen on. I'm shitty with directions without my phone; I turned the wrong way on 7th on the way back and was lost for like three blocks. Also, I noticed I'd written Grand Central Station instead of Grand Central Market in my previous post. I'm native to LA, I swear.

They were out of Nutmeg and Chia!! Gotta get it next time I'm around.

13. flask

Trusted Supporter

We were in the same area last night I was at the ace hotel with some friends then walked past the venue to Clifton’s.

14. I saw Tegan and Sara at Ace Hotel last time!

15. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

donut friend is a treasure and I love going to grand central market every time I’m in the town.

David Parke likes this.
  16. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I went to Donut Friend after that show haha

17. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

If anyone is looking for a ticket to Menzingers/Tigers Jaw at the regent 11/10, I have an extra I'm trying to get rid of.

18. Anyone interested in last minute angels tickets tonight in Anaheim? 2 tickets for $75. I may end up going but my son is sick so weighing my options.

19. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

i hate that i'm missing this show. they're dropping by SFO the day before that show but I won't be around

20. LA Chorus October Meetup?

zigbigwig likes this.
  21. irthesteve

Dang that would be great but I work til 6 :(

22. DerekIsAGooner

If anyone has a spare ticket for the Saves the Day shows in Anaheim or LA in November I'd gladly take it off of your hands. I was on the fence about these shows, and they sold out before I could get one. Now that Vinnie Caruana is opening at both of these shows after his LA date was cancelled, I'm kicking myself for not getting a ticket.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  23. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I'm going to both but I'll keep an eye out

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  24. irthesteve

I would LOVE to go to STD/Vinnie/Hot Rod but I really do not want to see Through Being Cool front to back, so I am out

25. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

steve dont make me come over there

irthesteve likes this.