Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location • Page 35

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Do you have enough recollection to describe the guy to the venue or police or anything?

2. Tall, long brunette hair, similar complexion to my own... I contacted the venue after it happened but never heard back. I'm so disillusioned with and terrified of LAPD after a few experiences I've had with them as a Latina woman in this city that I didn't bother because I didn't feel like I'd be taken seriously.

Edit: And at this point, it's been so long that I have zero chance of being taken seriously. But they didn't care when a man tried to strangle me in broad daylight in Hollywood back in college, so I'm guessing it wouldn't have made much difference.

3. irthesteve

I really hate to hear that, such bullshit that anything you've listed has happened. Very glad you're ultimately safe though.

Anna Acosta likes this.
  4. flask

Trusted Supporter

That’s such a shame I’m so sorry.

Anna Acosta likes this.
  5. Thanks y'all. :heart:

6. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Holy shit is that a privilege check. I go to shows in LA by myself all the time, but as a white male I never considered having to look out for me. Giving my apologies for this occurring doesn't come close to making up for what happened, but I am still so sorry that happened.

Thank you for sharing your story. I'll definitely be aware of the bartenders at the next shows I attend and watch as they pour drinks.

Anna Acosta likes this.
  7. Honestly, it was a reality check for myself as well. I've had my fair share of terrible experiences but as I said, it didn't even occur to me to worry why the bartender poured the drink out of eyesight because I'd never had *that* happen to me. Friends, sure, but not me.

Folks just gotta look out for each other.

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  8. My buddy’s girlfriend had something put in her drink once and it was fucking awful for her. We had to carry her out of the club and up to his apartment. We had no real way of knowing who did it and she was “safe” with us so maybe someone thought she was alone? There was a celebrity at the bar that night and I’ve always thought it was him but based on nothing but him being someone that has probably never had a problem getting girls in the past. Such a weird experience. I hate that this is a thing at all.

9. The worst part is it isn't always about getting with someone. The first time I was drugged it was by my college roommate in Las Vegas and she just wanted me to "loosen up and have a good time".

But I'm so sorry that happened to her, you can honestly never tell. Some folks just do it as a power trip as well.

10. I hate everything about this topic. Not saying we should move on and not talk about it, because the last thing we need is to disregard women's accounts of their experiences, but, you know, ughhh.

Maybe it's because I'm ace, but I can't understand why anyone would want to take others by force. The sexiest part of bdsm is that it's consensual. Why actually rape someone when someone else would be more than happy to enact that fantasy with you? Am I way off base here?

11. Seeing Soccer Mommy and Hop Along today!

Glasses and JRGComedy like this.
  12. xkaylinh Apr 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 17, 2019)
    Screenshot_20190416-204929.png Screenshot_20190416-215407.png Screenshot_20190416-233403.png

Tonight was wild.

Sophie played a few new songs, and a few songs solo. I think I liked this set more than when I saw them last year.

I know Frances has a sort of love it or hate it voice but sooo many people left during Hop Along's set. I guess they were there more for Soccer Mommy? Whatevs, their loss. Hop Along was amazing.

David Parke likes this.
  13. DerekIsAGooner

By chance is anyone going to the New Found Glory album release party this Wednesday in downtown?

14. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I think I'm going to their amoeba set thursday

15. DerekIsAGooner

What time is that? I'm curious if I can make it over there after work tomorrow.

16. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

it says 5pm but also might be 6 im not sure.

in any case I'm probably going to go to the la dispute show after too.

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  17. I may have an extra ticket to the Midnight in a Santa Ana if anyone wants to go and buy me a drink! I’ll confirm tomorrow.

18. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Just picked up tickets for Charly Bliss at Lodge Room next month. Anyone going?

19. flask

Trusted Supporter

Saw the Soul of a Nation exhibit at The Broad today. HIGHLY recommended.

20. DerekIsAGooner

I have two tickets for sale to the sold out Cinespia Beetlejuice screening at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery on this Saturday (5/10).

I’m bummed to miss the event, but the Bouncing Souls are in town Saturday and I’d rather go see them instead.

21. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Ah man if my girlfriend was still in town I’d have taken those off your hands. @Dog with a Blog date night?

22. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

anyone else hitting Foxing or Camp Cope this week?

23. Camp Cope tomorrow!

24. irthesteve

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  25. DerekIsAGooner

Question to anyone who has been to a show at the Fonda Theatre recently:

My tickets for tonight’s Bouncing Souls show are GA Balcony. However, the Fonda’s website says that balcony is first come first serve and my ticket doesn’t guarantee a seat... which is fine, because I’d really rather be in the pit for the show. Any idea if my ticket will allow me into the pit tonight or force me to sit up in the balcony?