Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location • Page 32

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

1. xkaylinh Dec 29, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 29, 2018)
  2. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Anyone go to the four year strong show at The Hi Hat on Saturday?

3. eight30

Regular

i'll be in LA mid Feb and we are not getting a car this time. I searched the thread and there was some talk about the metro but it was a couple years ago. Is it reliable and safe? Our hotel is downtown but we want to do a lot of stuff in the Hollywood/West Hollywood area too. Or is getting a car just a better option?

4. I personally don't drive in LA, cause like, that's the one Asian stereotype I live up to, I'm a terrible driver. I take the Red Line subway from North Hollywood into Hollywood and Downtown (so I'd imagine that's what you'd take from Downtown to Hollywood) and haven't had a bad experience.

David Parke likes this.
  5. the only real bad thing about the red line is how crowded it gets

6. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

Yeah if you're in downtown you shouldn't have a problem at all getting around. You can even take the train all the way down to the beach on the Expo Line now! Just make sure if you're going to any scheduled events that you leave enough time. Crowds and traffic can be a hassle for both the trains and buses. But anything in the city or Hollywood should come often enough that you won't be stuck out too long at a stop.

With fares you'll have to buy a $2 Tap Card at any of the train stations (you can't get them on a bus) and fill it up. The day pass is kind of expensive if you're not taking too many trips in one day. Instead check how many one-way trips you'll need. Those are 1.75 and you get 2 hours of transfers. So it might be cheaper for you to do the Stored Value option.

And keep in mind that Saturday/Sunday each have their own schedule that differs from weekdays :)

7. eight30

Regular

This is awesome info thank you! I was a little worried about not having a car and spending more on Lyft than what a rental would cost but seems like we should be perfectly fine!

8. I'll be going to two shows at The Echo within the next few months: Half Waif on 2/20 and Sasami on 4/3. Anyone wanna hang out?

9. Also seeing Better Oblivion Community Center on 3/14.

Oh shit, is that pi day hahaha

irthesteve and David Parke like this.
  10. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I can't do that Better Oblivion Community Center show because I'm seeing Deafheaven the same night.

11. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'm out of town the same night Partner is playing :redanger:

12. Upcoming shows I have: Aziz, blink, and tomorrow’s presale: Jimmy Eat World and 3EB

JRGComedy likes this.
  13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I have tickets for The Sounds of Animals Fighting, Andrew McMahon and Maren Morris. Keeping my eyes on Robyn, Coeur de Pirate, Saves The Day, Broods, Copeland

14. DickyCullz

need to get my Andrew McMahon tickets

irthesteve likes this.
  15. Dog with a Blog

I have tickets for P.O.S. and Daughters. Still need to get mine for Copeland. And maybe Holy Fawn if I’m feeling up to it

16. Oh I forgot I’m seeing the midnight soon. SO stoked for that one!

JRGComedy likes this.
  17. DickyCullz

Fuck it is misery today. The 110 is basically a river

18. When it rained this hard after the fires, tree branches got wedged under my car and the mud pushed my car down the street, thankfully not too far or into anything, but the branches did do some damage. The hills have since been blocked off, but it's still disconcerting seeing it rain like this again.

19. irthesteve

Santa Barbara is getting some bad mudslides again, not as bad as last time yet, but still not great

20. hey I'm living in LA right now

I need to buy tickets to the Deafheaven show next month as well as the Daugthers/Cult Leader show

let's get crazy

21. Dog with a Blog

A fucking tree in front my house just fell and landed on a car

JRGComedy likes this.
  22. DickyCullz

My car became a boat today

irthesteve and Dog with a Blog like this.
  23. DickyCullz

Where abouts you move too?

24. Santa Monica currently - i am just here on work assignment for six months

DickyCullz likes this.
  25. irthesteve

That's where I work. Would you ever fathom grabbing a drink together???