Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location • Page 31

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

2. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Strummer’s was cool though. Beer was so cheap

3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Strummers is the best place

4. Dog with a Blog

This rain is too good. I really wish I didn’t have responsibilities cause all I want to do is cozy up and watch Netflix all day

David Parke likes this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It's nice to see summer finally end

David Parke and Dog with a Blog like this.
  6. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

[​IMG]

7. kupe

Regular

Coming to LA in March as part of my NHL arena tour, seeing the Kings, Ducks, and Sharks play. Gonna be hanging in the LA area for about 4 days. What are some things I have to do while I'm there?

flask likes this.
  8. irthesteve

@kupe what kind of things are you into? Beer? Beaches? Buildings? Food?

9. kupe

Regular

Beer, beaches, nature, pop culture. My food tastes are very simple but I wouldn't turn down a good spot to eat.

10. irthesteve

Best beer around is near-ish to the Honda Center at The Bruery or Bruerry Terreux. Nearby is also Bottle Logic, and very close to the stadium is Noble Ale Works (I've actually parked at Noble then walked to Ducks games to save money)

I would suggest checking out Anaheim Packing District on that day if you want a cool "food hall" in the area, it's super hip and there's a ton of great food and it's just a really cool place. And of course Disneyland is there. That kinda wraps up everything I do in Anaheim.

For your day with the Kings (beware their shitty fans!!!! ;-) ), the art district is a really fun nearby area. Art District Brewing is your best bet for some solid beer and great hangs (skee ball, nice little food window inside) and the whole area of the Arts District is really fun to walk around. Lots to see and do.

For something closer to STAPLES, and for the best beer downtown, Mikkeller and Modern Times are right next to each other and both serve food. They're in a much more boring part of the city though, so weigh which you are more into.

Ummmm and for beaches it's hard to go wrong. I am particular to the beach cities (Redondo, Hermosa, Mahattan) as I live here, but Venice is also kitchy and entertaining. Long Beach has a lot to explore by the ocean as well.

Feel free to ask anymore questions if you have them!

David Parke, kupe and JRGComedy like this.
  11. DickyCullz

Really not a fan Modern Times and their dank dojo or whatever the place is called.

Arts District and Mikkeller are great though. Angel City’s not bad too.

If you like books definitely hit up The Last Bookstore

David Parke and kupe like this.
  12. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Dankness Dojo food is whatever but Modern Times’ beer is great

irthesteve likes this.
  13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Don't even go into the city, check out Glendale and Burbank where's there's tons of parking and way less people

Drew Beringer and David Parke like this.
  14. irthesteve

What don't you like about Modern Times? Their beer is about as good as it gets out here. Angel City is definitely the best hangout but that beer is trash water for the most part!

15. irthesteve

Whatever you do, do not go to Burbank or Glendale, DO NOT!!!!!!!!!!

:-)

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Probably stay away from Malibu. Between the fires this month and the mudslides today, they're due for like a tornado next week

irthesteve likes this.
  17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

But the galleria and all the studio tours!

18. irthesteve

yeah yeah yeah and Portos and Don Cucos and Universal Studios and Griffith and the Zoo and Formans and Golden Road.... yeah yeah yeahhhhhhhh

David Parke and JRGComedy like this.
  19. irthesteve

this is indeed important info, I wouldn't head much further beach-wise than Santa Monica anytime soon @kupe

JRGComedy and kupe like this.
  20. irthesteve

good lawd, it's insane how bad people are at driving in the rain here

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  21. DickyCullz

I’d just picked up my car from the garage after someone rear ended me and did $4.5k worth of damage. Whole drive to work I was thinking if I get hit again there is gonna be a murder on the 5

Why are people so bad at it? And for god sake turn your lights on!

22. DickyCullz

I dunno maybe it was just cause I went with my uncle who was visiting and the whole time he was complaining that he couldn’t get a standard larger like a fucking Carlsberg or a Fosters and these were all flowery beers. Probably coloured my feelings.

I’ll give the dojo another shot but even when I’ve had cans I’ve never been blown away

23. irthesteve

hahaha i mean.... yeah, they definitely don't do standards, but that's the point. If you ever get yourself over there again, try some of the crazier stuff that maybe you wouldn't normally try. Something darker and barrel aged, or something more sour/fruity... they do that stuff the best. If you are looking for standards or IPAs, then year Angel City.Arts Dist/Mumford is more up your alley for sure

24. DickyCullz

Oh don’t get me wrong I love to go out of my comfort zone. I tend to gravitate to sours and lighter beers than the darker heavier stuff

I won’t be asking for a Carlsberg anytime soon. Anywhere.

irthesteve likes this.