Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

1. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Anyone here been to Trombino's Donut Friend?

2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Multiple times. Once with Steve. It's amazing. The donuts are fantastic

johnnyferris likes this.
  3. johnnyferris

I went for the first time last month. Loved all the donuts I got that night. Probably the best I've had.

4. Meerkat

I've never had a donut there I didn't like. My sister has a gluten intolerance and they have GF donuts so I was able to bring her and she said it was the best GF donut she had ever had

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

[​IMG]

6. flask

Trusted Supporter

Plan Check is the truth.
    Wurstkuche still has the best fries tho.

7. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Wurstkuche fries, man. No amount is enough.

8. PepsiOne Apr 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 11, 2016)
    PepsiOne

What're the top five food places y'all try to make a point to take visitors when they come out? Have a couple friends and then my mom and sister visiting over the next month and I'm trying to figure out some good options beyond my mains.

9. Meerkat

Depends on what people are looking for. If people want to do a studio tour, the Warner Brothers lot tour is really good and not super expensive for a studio tour (around $50). I usually do Griffith Observatory to see the Hollywood sign and just generally get to see the city. Donut Friend is a must. Most of my visitors are from the east coast so we always end up at In N Out. Tickets to one of the late night show tapings is always a fun option and they're usually free.

10. PepsiOne

Should've specified that I meant food, hah. All good choices though. I normally do a good driving tour and do the observatory if there's only a day to be had. My mom mentioned wanting to go to the walk of fame and I shut her down.

11. johnnyferris

I did the Warner Bros. a couple years ago and it was a really cool experience. Would definitely do it again.

I've been to a few Conan tapings, a Jeopardy taping, and a Whose Line taping which all have been fun and free!

12. irthesteve

I can give you food ideas in the South bay and Santa Monica

13. Meerkat

I always refuse and tell people straight up that it's 1. not anything nice or fancy and 2. it's impossible to see anything because the foot traffic volume is so high and you just end up pissing people off and getting pissed off. Also, there's always stuff for the first Friday of the month food truck wise happening. Definitely worth looking into for whatever area you're in or if there's an area you guys want to go to. I ended up in Venice at one point and the food trucks were insane.

14. I'm always so curious when someone talks about The Valley because I never been.

What's worth visiting in The Valley?

15. target.jpg

I guess what I'm trying to say is, there isn't really anything noteworthy in the Valley in terms of landmarks, etc., but other than that, you can pretty much find anything you'd want to look for within a ten minute drive. Some parts of the Valley are certainly nicer than others, but yeah.

Why Bother? and Meerkat like this.
  16. Meerkat

Yeah I'd say the valley is more residential than touristy

17. Ugh, it's amazing

Actually crashing at an Air BnB this weekend through next week near that area and I plan to be there like, most days

johnnyferris likes this.
  18. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

I just need to vent a little and get this off my chest. Honestly, if I could go the rest of my life without ever seeing Kobe's face again, I would be thrilled. I just do not understand the devotion to him and everyone around me seems to be just freaking the hell out over his last game today.

TheDarksighed likes this.
  19. irthesteve

I don't watch sports, but my FB feed is all Kobe today

20. It's Kobe's last game today.

Anyone in the LA might wanna avoid the LA Live/Staples Center area as much as possible today lol.

21. irthesteve

I always do!!! haha

22. TheDarksighed

OG Veronica Sawyer

Someone give me a reason to flee my apartment tonight.

23. johnnyferris

I'm working at the game right now. There's too many people here.

24. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

The last time the Lakers won the championship was the same day that I graduated from high school. A huge group of people went directly from the ceremony to go to the "celebration" downtown and they all have the same stories about how it was just complete chaos around Staples.

That's pretty much what I imagine tonight to be like.

25. Anyone here catching The 1975 at The Shrine next week?

Regardless, has anyone here been there before? Never been to that venue. Looked up the cap and it seems pretty big. What can I expect? Good sound? Decently priced drinks? Anywhere I should maybe go have dinner or grab a drink at before or after the show that's nearby?