Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location • Page 27

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

1. eight30

Regular

I just booked another trip to LA in February! I think we are going to hit the Panic show and a bunch of comedy. It looks like this is becoming a yearly trip for me, haha.

2. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

oh hell yeah, let me know if you need comedy suggestions

3. Awesome! Welcome back. The weather should be very nice.

4. eight30

Regular

Thanks! Last time we saw Sarah Silverman and Friends at Largo so I am looking to go back there. I've never hit the Comedy Store but that might be on the list along with UCB. I'm open for suggestions too!

Thanks! I'd move there if I thought it was feasible in any way, haha.

5. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

if money is not a problem, largo and comedy store are the spots for sure. UCB kind of depends what you want and what day you want, but is where I primarily hit and always have a good time.

6. Is the laugh factory out of fashion? When I was going to more shows THAT was the place. Comedy store almost never had acts I wanted to see.

7. stars143

Trusted

I visited LA for the first time recently and had a blast. I wish I had time for more comedy. I only went to one show at UCB.

8. I feel like that's one of the things I take for granted living here: if I had a week to spend in New York, I'd go to tapings of Colbert, Fallon, Meyers, Noah, and SNL, but I've never bothered going to see Conan, Kimmel, Corden, or Ellen.

edit: oh dang, John Oliver and Sam Bee are in NY, too, huh.

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I go to taping of The Voice pretty often, been to Conan as well, otherwise that's about it for LA taping things

10. eight30

Regular

A couple years ago when I went I looked into going to a taping of The Voice but it sounded exhausting honestly.

11. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I went to a taping of that miming show with Chrissy Teigan and LL Cool J. It was boring AF but I got paid so...

12. irthesteve

I mean, yeah it kinda is haha. I got there yesterday at 9:15 and left at 4:15. You don't get your phone the whole time either. BUT it's honestly so worth it to see how the show works and watch it all happen in real life, I've gone like 8-10 times

13. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I used to go to tapings of @midnight that were so much fun when I was in college, I miss that show.

Laugh Factory seems kinda lame imo: i think the headliner like EVERY night is Dane Cook. I'm also just very picky about those clubs (Laugh Factory, Comedy Store, Improv) because theire tickets are more expensive and they have a two drink minimum which makes it so much more pricey than stuff at UCB, Virgil, Bar Lubisch, Pack, Clubhouse, or any of the many free to cheap stand up shows around town.

14. irthesteve

Largo is the coolest place ever, for music or anything

David Parke likes this.
  15. Lol dang. I feel like LF used to be the hot ticket but what do I know

Man, I can’t believe you got to all those NYC tapings, @xkhiemster! I saw Letterman in NYC but that’s it. I hear SNL is nearly impossible to see jealous

I’ve been to Conan and kimmel out here. Ellen I feel like is the SNL of LA - impossible to get into. I know lots of people that have done price is right. I’d love to do Big Bang Theory before they wrap.

In high school and college I did a bunch of tapings. Only one I remember well was Mind of Mencia. Oof

16. Ah you might have misread that. I said "if I had a week"

17. I was in NY about a month ago with the fambam, but only for a couple of days as part of a longer sightseeing trip, so I didn't go to any tapings.

18. Ohhhhhh ok. Totally misread that. I was like DAAAAAMN! Haha

19. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

My favorite taping was for Whose Line. It was the Aisha era with all the regulars and Greg Proops. Three + hours of entertainment

20. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

UCB Sunset has 3 free shows a night in the Inner Sanctum.

I'm also a Groundlings fan for shows

21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Boiiiiii West Hollywood knows how to do Halloween

David Parke and irthesteve like this.
  22. I’ve always been averse to going due to the sheer amount of people. Now I’m sure I’m past the age I’d have fun - But I hear good things.

JRGComedy likes this.
  23. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

It was the most people I've ever seen in one place. I barely even did anything other than people watching haha. Some people put hundreds of dollars into their costumes. It was wild.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  24. I’ve an extra ticket for the menzingers in LA tonight if someone would like to come with and cover a couple drinks. Hit me up!