Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location • Page 25

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

1. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

saw her there too this weekend. she's great

irthesteve likes this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Definitely top of my favorite new pop artists, I think she has massive potential

3. DickyCullz

Anyone going to The Dangerous Summer tomorrow?

4. DickyCullz

or Pianos Become The Teeth tonight?

5. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

I’m back home & I love it

cybele likes this.
  6. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

the feeling is mutual >:)

7. Dog with a Blog

On Wednesday I’m gonna go watch 2001: A Space Odyssey at the Arclight and then at night I’m gonna see Godspeed You! Black Emperor at the Wiltern. Not sure if I should just drive or take the train. I really don’t wanna deal with parking. But I’ve also never used the train system around here so I dunno how late it runs

flask likes this.
  8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

moved to the valley and I am way happier!

David Parke and cybele like this.
  9. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

I use public transit pretty exclusively so maybe I can help out! The Arclight isn't too bad of a walk from the Hollywood/Vine station but you will have to make a transfer from the red line to the purple line to make it to Wilshire/Western. A huge pro is that the train station is literally across the street from the venue. Trains will run until midnight Sunday-Thursday but also at that late of night they won't be running as often and a lot of the time they do maintenance in the late nght hours so the schedule may not be 100% accurate.

If you have any specific questions let me know! :)

irthesteve and Dog with a Blog like this.
  10. Dog with a Blog

This is very helpful, thank you! Yeah, my biggest concern is whether or not the trains will be running at that hour but it sounds like I’ll be good. I was using the website and I saw that Hollywood/Vine isn’t too far from the Arclight, but I couldn’t tell where The Wiltern was in relation to the closest station. Do you happen to know where that is?

11. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

Yeah! The Wiltern is at the Wilshire/Western stop (hence the name. Wilshire + Western = Wiltern) and once you come up from underground it's just across the crosswalk. You will have to take the purple line ( I believe at Wilshire/Vermont) so it's not a total direct shot from Hollywood but as long as you load up your tap card ahead of time you can ride both trains for $1.75.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  12. Dog with a Blog

Awesome, thanks again. Seriously helps a lot

cybele likes this.
  13. irthesteve

A lot of times I take metro TO a show, then just uber home afterwards. Uber is quick and cheaper at that time

cybele and Dog with a Blog like this.
  14. Dog with a Blog

Nice. What area do you come from?

15. irthesteve

Live in Redondo, work in Santa Monica. I usually take the metro from work to venues, then uber back to my car at the office before going home.

17. irthesteve

My company will have a booth there, but I'm not going to be working at it

18. I have five shows coming up. Three are at the Wiltern haha. Love it.

irthesteve likes this.
  19. Going to E3 again this year and am anticipating the traffic shit show. I'm spending the night with a friend tonight, so hopefully I can wake up and get to the convention center without too much trouble, but I know leaving is gonna be a nightmare.

20. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Where in Los Angeles are you staying? Getting to the Convention Center is really easy to do on the metro. The Expo line drops you off not too far away from the Convention Center and Staples Center. I do it each year for LA Comic Con, and it's way easier than having to drive and park.

David Parke likes this.
  21. Basically right by Olympic and La Brea. I'm used to driving to LA from where I live in Ventura County each year for E3, so this will be an easier change of pace for me.

22. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

El Chatoooo

23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Hey guys, besides the obvious places, what are some spots in LA to avoid getting a hotel? I feel like I’ve heard Hollywood isn’t always the best place st night, for example. But I also feel like I’m just making that up lol.

Seems like Hollywood and Terrance/Rendondo area are the only spots that are reasonably priced hotel wise...Silver lake too but that seems iffy over there...

24. David Parke Jul 14, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 14, 2018)
    Depends what you’re doing. Hollywood and Torrance are very far away from each other

Edit: to answer your question - Hollywood is fine, I think, if you’re staying in a larger hotel like the renaissance at Hollywood and highland or the W on vine. Anything else could be dodgy. Torrance/redondo is great but really not centrally locates so you’ll be driving a lot to get anywhere if you wanna go “into town.” There’s plenty to do down there just not things you’d really wanna see if you’re just visiting and wanna do more tourism. I’d say less places to avoid and more places to look are downtown near staples where it’s more populated and touristy, Santa Monica, again in the more populated parts of town. All of the “nice” parts of town will likely have a shitty hotel in a bad section so just beware and check out yelp if you’re concerned.

25. Yeah, my response would be based on a "what will the person getting the hotel be doing while in LA" response.