Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location • Page 24

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

is there anywhere on the west coast you can get for that price range? because if so let me know

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Well, I'm down with like a roommate, I'm not looking for a 1 bedroom for that price haha

3. For any LA residents that follow or know someone that follows this account:

4. Mr_Fusion

I am a longtime reader of the site from the AbsolutePunk days and first time poster. If anyone is going to the New Found Glory show at the Wiltern on June 16 and would like to meet up there, let me know.

JRGComedy likes this.
  5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I don't wanna be here anymore. apartment hunting is the worst. traffic is the worst. people are the worst. the bad times have far outweighed the good since I moved to LA

6. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Oh god, I've got to start apartment hunting soon. urgh

I don't mind the people, traffic is slowly getting more and more annoying though.

Dog with a Blog and JRGComedy like this.
  7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I mostly don't mind the people. I just grew up around fields and mountains haha

8. Dog with a Blog

Gonna see Godspeed You! Black Emperor at the Wiltern in May. Very stoked

JRGComedy likes this.
  9. LA would definitely be tough if more rural/natural, vast outdoor spaces are more your speed.

I finally managed to arrange my life (only took 7 years) so that with the exception of shows and the other occasional extracurricular activity, I work, live and play all in one part of town and it has increased my quality of life in LA drastically.

10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Love that. I'm trying to figure out which neighborhood I would like! What part of town are you in?

11. West side - my life is spread out between West Adams/Midcity, Palms/Culver City and Marina Del Rey

12. DickyCullz

Is anyone going to see Sigrid at the El Rey on Monday? With fees tickets are silly, just hoping to pick up on the door

13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'm trying to get over to the Westside haha. I work in Brentwood, and while I'm not delusional enough to think that I could live here, I would sure love to be closer than Koreatown...

14. Yikes, yeah that's rough. I was in Studio City when I started my job in the Marina back in 2012, so I get it.

JRGComedy likes this.
  15. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I've lived in Palms for the past four years, and I love it. You're still pretty close to downtown and Hollywood, but it's also a bit more spread out. Plus, you have Culver City and Santa Monica close by if you want to get fancy.

16. That's what I'm loving about living Midcity (although my partner lives in Palms so I'm there half the time anyway). I'm really not that far from anything except for the valley, and... well, that's another can of worms. My family is from Inglewood so this is very different.

17. DickyCullz

Currently in east Hollywood/silver lake and work in Burbank. My landlord thought I was crazy

It’s a 20 min drive!

18. Dog with a Blog

I like Silver Lake a lot. If I were to move into LA proper I'd love to live there

19. DerekIsAGooner

I drive down to Manhattan Beach twice a week for soccer, so I know a little about what that drive is like. The 405 around LAX is always a nightmare, no matter what. We just have to get used to it.

I've thought about what it would be like living in Mid-City, being a little closer to all of the music venues in downtown and Hollywood. However, my wife works in Malibu and I work in east LA, so Palms is about the most equally distant area for the two of us we'll find (except for Santa Monica, but who actually has the money to live there?).

20. That's fair. I'm on the westernmost part of Midcity though (I believe it's technically West Adams) and Palms is less than 3 minutes away when traffic is light - which it usually is during the times of day I make the drive. Which is good, because Palms is 5000% out of my budget.

(Also, I grew up here so there are maybe 3 hours during the day (cumulatively) that I believe in or acknowledge the 405's existence.)

21. DerekIsAGooner

It's absurd how crazy things have gotten. In the past few years gentrification has hit the area SO BADLY. Every few months there's some new stupidly expensive apartment complex. The amazing marketeria by my old apartment got sold and leveled to make way for more apartments. It's so upsetting.

22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'm glad to know the traffic and prices haven't always been this shitty.

23. Traffic... eh, because of how spread out and car-oriented this city is, that part has never been great. But the prices have become truly ridiculous in the past few years.

JRGComedy likes this.
  24. I live in Sherman Oaks and work in Burbank. 20 minutes to work and 20 minutes home. It's okay to me. I grew up on the westside (in Westchester) and I have grown to loathe the westside. Maybe if I could afford to live there I would build my life around that. We go to plenty of shows and between the subway and leafy, usually it beats parking. It did take an hour to get to DTLA last Friday for a birthday party. that was rough. Dodger games aren't that bad. We go in at the Academy gate. Almost never a line!

JRGComedy likes this.
  25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I just saw her at Coachella, otherwise I would. She was great, definitely worth going

EDIT: Oh I was really far behind on this thread, oops

DickyCullz likes this.