Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location • Page 23

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

1. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Never seen them before, and only just noticed they were playing here

2. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

It's definitely going to be a blast, they're awesome live!

DickyCullz likes this.
  3. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I wish it would rain more

4. DickyCullz

it's a taste of home, i'm into it

JRGComedy likes this.
  5. DickyCullz

i'll probably pick up a ticket over the weekend. doubt any of my friends will wanna come so let me know if you pick a ticket up

6. cybele

Hey obviously a late post but I'm not making it out tonight. My old cat is kind on the way out so I'm staying with her. If you're going I hope you have a good time! (And if you're not going then hey still have a good night haha)

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Going LA in mid June, any recommendations for two vegetarians to eat?

anthony likes this.
  8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Everywhere

9. DickyCullz

I decided to just stay in, had a crazy work week so was craving sleep more :D

10. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

If my Lorde ticket doesn’t sell in the next few days, does anyone want to be my +1 for the show on Wednesday?

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Cuteee

ComedownMachine likes this.
  12. Dog with a Blog

where exactly will you be? I went to this awesome vegan Cajun place in Hollywood the other day called Krimsey's. Very good.

13. anthony

There is endless vegan food as far as the eye can see. "LA" is stupid big, so reccomendations might be better if i know what hood your in, or how much youre willing to travel.

also type of food: ie, cheap but good, thai, ethiopian, mexican, whatever.

we have everything (minus rastafarian food, which. I still haven't found here yet, and it's killing me)

14. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

How lucky we are to live in Southern California

15. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Friends, it was suggested that I post a question about Disneyland here. My wife and I are going in a few weeks. She's never been and the last time I was there the Finding Nemo ride was under construction, so it's been like 15+ years. What's changed since then? What should we avoid? Is Fastpass still the gospel truth? Find your opinions, and tell them to me.

16. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

When are you going? Depending on the day sometimes you won’t even need a fast pass but I highly advise them anyway. Are you there for a day? Personally, there’s nothing there that I would avoid. I just try to get as much done as possible. But if you’re there for a day and a ride has an hour+ wait, I’d probably skip it

David Parke likes this.
  17. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Probably should have mentioned details haha. We'll be there Wednesday April 4th and we're only there for one day. Not doing California Adventure either.

18. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Physically speaking not much as changed since the last time you were there. The bulk of the changes have been in CA Adventure with Cars Land, Guardians of the Galaxy replacing Tower of Terror, and some other stuff on the pier.

The staples of Dland are still there: Space Mountain, Matterhorn (although it’s now individual seating instead of the previous tandem toboggans), Star Tours, Indiana Jones, Pirates. I went a couple weeks ago and there was a bit of construction going on in Main Street and the ongoing project of Star Wars land. Fast Pass is still pretty useful, but it’s still one per hour (and it’s tracked on your ticket now instead of an individual fast pass ticket). Just hope for a sparse crowd that day because the worst kinds of walkers are those walking around Disneyland.

theagentcoma likes this.
  19. cybele

I highly recommend the app! It has wait times, interactive maps, show times etc. I found it suuuuuper helpful to be able to check out times from around the park and to plan my day that way (it was also helpful to check to see when rides that are down open back up). It'll be pretty busy when you go, obviously, so pay attention to when the parades and fireworks happen because if you're willing to miss those (or if they're shown multiple times) you can usually find way shorter lines during those times.

Also the biggest thing to do is if you have questions or issues or anything, ask a cast member. They're honestly so helpful. I left my Mickey ears on Indiana Jones and after searching every car without luck they wrote me a coupon to get another one for free.

Edit: Oh! And also if you don't mind riding separate from your group you can check out single rider lines to get through super quick. I know for sure that Matterhorn does it.

David Parke and theagentcoma like this.
  20. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

You'll be there during Spring Break time for a lot of schools, so it might me more crowded than an average Wednesday. I definitely suggest using your Fast Passes strategically. Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, and Indiana Jones tend to have the longest rides. When I spend a full day in the park, my pattern usually is
    1. Get Fast Passes for a long line ride.
    2. Get in line for a short ride.
    3. Get in line for another shorter ride.
    4. Ride Fast Pass ride.
    5. Repeat.

I also suggest making reservations ahead of time if there is anywhere in particular at Disneyland you'd like to eat (for a sit down meal). My favorites are Carnation Cafe for breakfast and Cafe Orleans for dinner. You can also have just as easily grab snacks all throughout the day and not spend $50 plus on a sit down meal. Just make sure you grab a Dole Whip from the Tiki Room.

21. i second the dole whip

22. Crossroads on Melrose is great vegan food. Most Thai places are vegetarian in the valley it seems.

23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Travis Barker has a large stake in Crossroads

24. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Hey, if anyone sees any great deals on apartments in Noho/Sherman Oaks, please toss them my way :-)

Desperately trying to get out of Koreatown. Budget is like $800-$1200

25. Fuck good luck. This town is crazy expensive. The valley used to be the cheaper option. We’re up to 2007/mo in Sherman oaks/ studio city. 2+2

Dog with a Blog and JRGComedy like this.