Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location • Page 20

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Moved here straight from college at like, 22? Grew up in Southern California my while life before though

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I feel like out of every 10 people I meet only 3 are LA natives

JRGComedy and Bloodsucker II like this.
  3. Lived in the Valley my whole life.

4. Dog with a Blog

It’s a similar experience in SF. It’s rare to meet someone who actually grew up there.

I’m from the Bay Area, just moved here in August, but I’ve been visiting LA/SoCal for years

5. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

On my way home for thanksgiving weekend, I'm so happy :')

6. DickyCullz

Anyone here going to Mating Ritual tonight @ Moroccan Lounge?

7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

No, but I am going to Wheeler Walker Jr. tonight

8. Late to this, but a little of both. I was born and raised in Oakland but my family is from LA (Inglewood, to be exact) and I spent every summer here as a kid. Moved officially for college and stayed put, always felt more at home here.

irthesteve and Bloodsucker II like this.
  9. Dog with a Blog

Ayyy, I'm from Alameda! Have spent a lot of time in Oakland. I just moved her for college and I do not plan on going back.:hand:

10. A lot of friends and co-workers are being affected by the fires, some of them having to evacuate. Pretty sure I'm out of range, but the air is all smoke and there have been constant power outages since last night. Hearing that the winds are carrying the smoke down to LA and that some schools are dismissing kids because of it. Hoping everyone is good.

11. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I deal with this everywhere I live

12. irthesteve

The air is fucked today, a lot of my family lives in Santa Paula and had to get evacuated, thankfully everyone is fine

Jacob likes this.
  13. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Friend posted a photo from her apartment and she’s pretty close to them, scary stuff

14. My area already burned a few months ago, so while we're pretty close to the Creek Fire, we're not tooooo worried.

15. DickyCullz

this was what I could see in Burbank this morning on my way to the office

[​IMG]

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I've got a sketch screening at this, if anyone wants to meet/hang out and watch comedy with me: "ref"%3A"3"%2C"action_history"%3A"null"%7D&aref=3

17. irthesteve

Woke up to new fires today and my offices closed for the day. Cool for me, horrible for L.A. a whole. It's crazy out there.

18. If anyone's in Ventura County, this is a good site for info.
    Home

Here's a good map.
    WIFIRE Firemap

19. Wow.

20. flask

Trusted Supporter

Hope the Getty isn’t damaged.

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

No problems yet in Koreatown, but then again if it makes it this far we're all fucked.

DickyCullz likes this.
  22. irthesteve

23. Dog with a Blog

fuckkkkkkkkkk

24. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'm extremely poor, but if anyone in this thread is in any real danger and need something, let me know!

25. If you're in the SFV or on the westside, consider picking up some masks before spending extended periods of time outdoors. I'm in Santa Monica rn and it's pretty bad out here.