Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

ahh, well come say hi if life ever brings you back this way haha

2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Sat in traffic on the 405 at midnight. Unreal

3. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Living in Pasadena and working in Burbank. It's a rainy day today.

4. PepsiOne

I lived in the NoHo arts district for a couple years and I really miss it. Super close to work, a really small walkable area, cheapish rent at the time.

5. TheDarksighed

OG Veronica Sawyer

I appreciate the rainy day so much. Makes class much more bearable.

6. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

That's were I am! I really like it. It's close enough to Hollywood that I can get there easily and far enough away that I'm not in Hollywood haha

7. PepsiOne

Nice! Red line proximity is dope too, allowed me to not need a car for a few years. Was eating way too much Vicious Dogs and Poquito Mas for my own good in those days.

8. stars125

I've heard it both ways.

If any of you saw the car chase today, it was one of the weirdest endings I've seen.

TheDarksighed likes this.
  9. itsjustadrian

how long is the night? Prestigious

hilarious is more like it. those kids had massive balls on them to do the things they did just for shits and giggles.

TheDarksighed likes this.
  10. What chase? No channels are mentioning it on the news right now.

11. TheDarksighed

OG Veronica Sawyer

12. Might hit up Pasadena this weekend for either Slaters or Poke Salad Bar. Or both.

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh what up crew

14. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I live down in Anaheim and nothing bugs me more than the Angels having Los Angeles in their name... It's a fun to place to visit sometimes, but I would hate to call LA my home.

15. irthesteve

:-|:-|:-|:-|:-|:-|

16. xstatesandminds

visiting LA from the UK in august and going to warped tour in pomona... excited!

17. itsjustadrian

dude if you're in Pasadena, skip Slater's. there are tons more of great burger places to try out than the chain.

one of my favorites is Pie n' Burger off Lake and California (near Colorado). bring cash with you.

Why Bother? likes this.
  18. Oh sweet. Potentially trying it out tomorrow then.

I'm new to CA so Slater's is the only really great burger I knew, In N Out didn't really do it for me. Neither did Tommy's.

19. itsjustadrian

couple of lists with good burgers: list1 and list2.

if you're here in LA for a little while, get to Pie N' Burger, Apple Pan, Father's Office, Umami, and Golden State. there's something good around every neighborhood.

Why Bother? likes this.
  20. Ah, forgot Umami. Umami's really solid. I love their Ahi Tuna Burger.

Thanks for the lists!!

21. PepsiOne

Don't think I've ever enjoyed Umami tbh

Miss Heartcore likes this.
  22. irthesteve

Umami is great. Dude who started Umami opened a place called Plan Check in West LA which is even better though IMO

23. itsjustadrian

it isn't the best but part of what makes it a good LA staple is that it's so accessible wherever you are.

and i agree with what @irthesteve said, Plan Check is even better.

24. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

I love LA. Currently at my friend's apartment in the west side and it's really nice out here this morning since it's not raining.

I grew up in The Valley (I know, boo hiss) and I'm going to school at CSUN. I'm lucky enough to live right near all the studios in Burbank so hopefully I'll be able to stay where I am after graduation.