Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location • Page 19

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

That would be fun. For now, I think the only show I’m planning on anytime soon is The Dear Hunter in December

2. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Thinking of going to Julien Baker on the 14th

3. DickyCullz

Where/when is this?

4. Dog with a Blog

Dec 2 at the House of Blues in Anaheim. I’m in between jobs now though so it’s all tentative

DickyCullz likes this.
  5. DickyCullz

Nice. Never seen them live. Had tickets for their first ever London show but ended up having to work

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  6. Dog with a Blog

They put on a damn good show. One of my favorite live acts

7. DickyCullz

Well if you decide to go let us know!

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  8. Ooh, I'm going to that! (December 14)

And Fall Out Boy this Friday!

DickyCullz likes this.
  9. Dog with a Blog

Also, I don’t know if I’ll be able to go, but I’ve got some pals in a band and they will be playing Dec 14th at the Teragram Ballroom. Tickets are $16. They are seriously so good, no words I can say will do them justice. Their recordings don’t do them justice either imo. If you like David Bowie or Jimi Hendrix at all, I think you’d dig em

EDIT: nvm it’s on the 14th and y’all will be at Julien Baker heh

JRGComedy likes this.
  10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

How about Wild Wing? Saw them a few weeks ago.

11. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

LA Live is really the only place I'm familiar with of the things you listed so thanks for the recs
    One of my friends lives for the Pantry and he'll make the drive from Huntington Beach at least once a month. Grand Central Market seems cool. I may go there!

TheDarksighed likes this.
  12. flask

Trusted Supporter

Grand Central is p good. You should go to Golden Gopher. My favorite bar hands down.

13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I like Glendale. Super normal out here

14. xkaylinh Nov 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 15, 2017)
    Best way to get to Inglewood from the eastern side of the Valley? Don't know if I should drive or take the Metro to the Forum on Friday to see Fall Out Boy.

edit: actually, I don't think I want to pay $25 for parking...

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

When I go to The Forum, I go to a nearby brewery (Three Weavers) or restauratnt/bar (Flights) for food/drinks ahead of time and they let me keep my car there, then I do a quick uber to the show from there.

16. DickyCullz

Any of you guys ever been to Austin? Thinking of getting out of town over thanksgiving and can get a return flight for $80 which seems like a steal

17. Dog with a Blog

I have not, but there’s a Dallas thread, if that helps. It isn’t really close to Austin at all, but I would assume that there’s a higher likelihood of them having been there if you need advice.

DFW Thread

18. I ended up taking the Red Line and a bus, the latter of which I had to wait a half an hour for, so I missed Jaden's set (which might be a good thing? Heard he was meh) but at least I didn't have to drive through traffic, I guess. Probably won't go there again, though; two-hour commute each way is irritating, driving or not.

19. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Yo @irthesteve for the Thom Yorke show do you have any suggestions for parking? Or things to do beforehand? I'll probably get to LA early on that day

20. irthesteve

Sadly I am no help, in going to take the metro. There are lots next to the fonda though that should be ok

ComedownMachine likes this.
  21. irthesteve

There's a fair amount of things in the area, food etc, but I'm not sure specifically what you'd like

22. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Damn alright. I've found some free places near The Forum so I was just curious if you knew any there

23. I was at The Fonda recently to see Mitski. Most shows, especially in Hollywood or Downtown, I would just park at North Hollywood Station and take the Red Line.

24. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

There's a Shake Shack across from the Fonda

25. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

out of curiosity, how many of y'all grew up in la and/or moved to la as a kid and how many moved post-late teens?