Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location • Page 18

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

I really wish it’d rain one of these days

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

It rained twice on this trip home. I was so happy. Who thought I'd miss a weather condition. But I am looking forward to it not being 40F

Bloodsucker II and JRGComedy like this.
  3. TheDarksighed

OG Veronica Sawyer

Oh wow. I didn't think this thread would still be going.

Hi guys. It's been fantastically gloomy today. How's everyone's LA weekend been?

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  4. Dog with a Blog

I’ve been inside all weekend telling myself I’m gonna do homework and then not actually doing it!!!

5. TheDarksighed

OG Veronica Sawyer

I feel that. I've been sitting on calendaring and about 45 emails I need to write and send out.
    All I want to do is get some hot coffee and sit on my balcony.

6. Dog with a Blog

Haha, yup. I love this weather, it reminds me of home, but I find myself basically just staying in bed all day long -_-

TheDarksighed likes this.
  7. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Currently in bed too haha. Just finished Nathan For You

irthesteve and Bloodsucker II like this.
  8. Dog with a Blog

I hate myself for not watching the new season. I don’t know how tbh cause I hate torrenting and i don’t have cable.

JRGComedy likes this.
  9. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

At the very least, the finale is up on cc.com for free right now

10. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

been feeling very homesick lately and the mid-20 degree weather here and the phoebe bridgers record are not helping

i miss tacos and liquor stores that don't card and ubiquitous weed and god awful public transportation and wandering through city streets at night

(and friends)

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I too spent most of today inside catching up on TV! haha

Bloodsucker II and JRGComedy like this.
  12. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I'm coming to downtown for a Kings Canucks game on Tuesday. Any recommendations for things to do? I don't have work so I have a full day.

13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Idk downtown very well. It's a pain in the ass to get around down there is what I can tell you haha

johnnyferris likes this.
  14. TheDarksighed

OG Veronica Sawyer

Depends on what you're into. I live in DTLA, there's an incredible amount to do. I assume the game is at Staples Center, correct? Here are some things that are a 5-10 minute uber drive away.

Places/Eateries: DTLA Ramen, The Last Bookstore, Pershing Square, Little Damage Ice Cream, Blue Bottle Coffee.
    Fun Areas: Little Tokyo (in general), the Arts District (in general), LA Live (in general).
    Bars: Rooftop Bar at the Ace Hotel, The Lash, Public School 213, Perch, The Edison, Library Bar, Clifton's Republic, etc.

johnnyferris and irthesteve like this.
  15. irthesteve

You should go to Grand Central Market for lunch, then if you like beer hop over to Arts District Brewing. El Cholo is great food right near Staples without being in the thick of it, or The Pantry if you want breakfast food all day

16. irthesteve

yeah that list above mine is way better haha, but Grand Central.... go there

17. TheDarksighed

OG Veronica Sawyer

I can't believe I forgot to list Grand Central Market. I'm a fraud.
    :worried:

irthesteve likes this.
  18. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

grand central market, angel's flight (just reopened I believe), the last bookstore, the og pancake house, + do the glass slide at the US bank tower if you have 27$ to drop haha

if you're able to venture outside LA i would highly highly recommend the museum of jurassic technology (+ nearby honey kettle fried chicken) in culver city

bonus: the cathedral has pretty amazing architecture, and behind the hall of records is an elevator that leads into underground tunnels, it's only operational during the daytime I believe

19. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Grand Central is dope

Also I know it's well known but definitely stop by Amoeba

20. DickyCullz

Spent the weekend up in SF as my mate had a ticket to the 49ers. Driving back is loooong

My body is broken

21. Dog with a Blog

First time in SF?

22. DickyCullz

Second. Absolutely hated it my first visit haha, but think that was because we did lots of the tourist stuff and so many things went wrong.

Where as this trip was just constant alcohol and partying.

irthesteve likes this.
  23. Dog with a Blog

Haha, that's the way to do SF. Before I moved here, I lived in the Bay Area and my sister lived in SF so I had a place to crash and would party almost every weekend. So many fun drunken nights there

24. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

We should collectively pick a show that we can all meet at!

DickyCullz and Bloodsucker II like this.
  25. DickyCullz

As we stumbled out of the Bow Bow Cocktail Lounge at closing we bumped into a guy looking for the corner of Jackson & Grant. Turns out there was a warehouse party going on so partied till 6am this morning

This weekend every decision we made seemed to be the right one. Now for a week of just sitting in my apartment trying to spend as little as I can

JRGComedy and Bloodsucker II like this.