Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location • Page 14

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

1. If anyone is ever in Chinatown/DTLA, try out Burgerlords. V good

2. Anyone else at the Eisley show?

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I actually almost did, but I saw them fairly recently at Troubadour and figured I'd save my money this time around. Have fun!!

4. Dog with a Blog

Just got to El Segundo. Going to a wedding in the Hollywood hills tomorrow, Long Beach on Monday, then headed to San Diego on Tuesday.

GEM37 and irthesteve like this.
  5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Got tickets to ice cream museum thing, should be fun

6. Dog with a Blog

I don't know if I posted this in this thread or another but, any of you guys ever been to Good Times at Dave Wayne's? I haven't been in years but it's such a rad bar. The entrance is disguised as a cluttered garage and the door is a fridge in the back.

7. irthesteve

Somehow I still haven't gone there, I always almost go there, but if I'm in the area Blue Palms wins out usually mostly for beer selection reasons

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  8. I'm still getting the hang of driving on the freeway. Made it from Pasadena to Northridge and felt super proud of myself, haha.

I don't consider myself a great driver, so even though I didn't use the freeway and I got lost a couple times on my way to that Eisley show a couple weeks ago, I was like, wow, I actually drove through LA without dying. I guess the Troubadour isn't really LA-LA, but I've never really driven outside of the Valley. I probably wouldn't drive into downtown unless I had a really good reason.

nfdv2 likes this.
  9. Dog with a Blog

Ugh. Going to Long Beach tomorrow to check out the campus and look for jobs and for some reason I'm very nervous

Edit: I think I'm just nervous of driving in an area I don't know. Then late that night I'll be driving to SD

10. I was pretty nervous when I first started driving to and around LA, but I've gotten used to it and more comfortable over the years. Without Maps/Google Maps though, I'd always be lost ha.

11. irthesteve

Yeah after... 6? 7? shit... a lot of years out here, I am completely comfortable with driving in LA. It's just something I had to learn, but now it's just a daily part of my life

12. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

This weekend I drove to Teragram for Senses Fail and Power Trip without directions from Anaheim. I was pretty proud of that

13. Dog with a Blog

I drive stick in SF so, hopefully some of that will transfer over. But the freeways here are so wide!!

14. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

When I first moved here I didn't have a car the whole first year while I was a PA, so the only times I'd drive would be when I had to like pick up a giant cube truck or pass van for work and drive it around town for shoots and that was very stressful

15. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I've only been to LA around 30 times or so but I've always been comfortable driving there. I actually prefer it to driving in downtown San Diego for sure.

16. Dog with a Blog

Coming from a shitty ass community college, CSULB is pretty intimidating

17. irthesteve

It's a really great school! You'll be walking a shit ton though, end to end that is quite a walk haha. I didn't go there, but 3 of my best friends did and the area is really excellent and the school is top notch. Did you enjoy your day there?

18. Dog with a Blog

Awesome man, that's good to hear. Yeah it was really nice, my buddy goes there so he was just showing me around. Unfortunately, I couldn't set up an appointment with a counselor because, while I am accepted, I'm not yet enrolled, so that means I have to come back in June for orientation. Now I'm just going from theater to theater around here dropping off my resume.

irthesteve likes this.
  19. Dog with a Blog

Saw my buddy's band play at The Echo, that was a cool little spot. Then drove straight to SD. I'm pooped

20. flask

Trusted Supporter

Damn from The Echo to SD is a driiiiiiiiive.

21. Dog with a Blog

The last 30 minutes were killer. Felt like my eyes were going to bleed.

22. GEM37

She haunts the roads

You don't get to talk about exhaustion until you've driven all night from Concord to Portland!

Lol, but I'm assuming you had a great time down here! Congrats! And don't worry about driving around here. I was brought up in the Pacific Northwest 'Too Polite For Your Own Good' school of driving, and after moving here I turned into a psychotic asshole behind the wheel in record time! You'll make it! ;-)

23. Dog with a Blog

lol I've gone from Oakland to Washington as a passenger and it was terrible. Can't imagine being the driver -_-

Wow, your description of drivers in the PNW is painfully accurate. Everyone sits at a four way stop for days. Someone go!!! Lol

GEM37 likes this.
  24. Drove to Echo Park for the first time. Got lost, obviously.

25. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Oldie but a Goldie for a reason...

Just remembered that you're from the Bay Area. Went up there last weekend and was shocked to discover that the pedestrians in SF are even more entitled than the ones in LA - something I didn't think was possible.

Still, that and the absurd cost of everything aside, it really struck me how much I miss trees and water.