Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Los Angeles Thread Location

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by TheDarksighed, Apr 4, 2016.

1. TheDarksighed

OG Veronica Sawyer

Is that how one of these location-esque things work?
    Call it official and call it a day?

In any case, hey hello, LA-
    What's good with you all today?

(Rhyming not intended, I promise.)

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Been living in LA for about a year and a half now. Best thing that's ever happened to me

3. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

LA is one of my favorite places. I lived in Koreatown for a year when I was 24/25. Visiting next month for the first time since I left!

4. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

like five of my friends moved to LA so I'm lucky enough to have a place to stay if I ever visit. I had twice in the past two years and I hope to go back, I love it so much

5. phaynes1

Regular

trying to get out there very badly

6. drstrong

I'm Back.

Bout an hour east of LA. Grew up out here and just recently moved back.

7. jorbjorb

7 rings

Canadian here wanting to make it down to LA some time.

8. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I had a weird urge to live there earlier this year. California is a beautiful place and LA always has cool stuff going on. If I had the option of moving wherever I wanted to, it would be a serious candidate.
    I lived in Inland Empire (not LA, I know) until I was 15 but I never really left my town. Didn't visit LA proper until 2013.

9. manoverboard365

Trusted

I've lived in NYC all my life but it looks like I am officially moving to LA in August.
    Anyone have recommendations on where to live that are affordable and nice? I really liked Los Feliz when I was out there.

10. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

all these people getting threads for their cities and i'm like what about appleton, wisconsin?

11. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I'm all for these threads, but it makes me think we need a PL section so General doesn't get too convoluted.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  12. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

PL section and FOOD section.

muttley and ChiliTacos like this.
  13. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Food is slightly more important at this point

muttley and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  14. TheDarksighed

OG Veronica Sawyer

Los Feliz is definitely one of the more affordable neighborhoods at the moment, but it's seeing a rent rise because it's getting trendy.
    Culver City is your safest bet on the westside, Playa Vista/Marina Del Rey aren't bad either.
    Otherwise, I'd say stick to the east side as best as you can.

But it all depends on what kind of atmosphere you're looking for, and how far you're looking to commute.

15. I've lived in the Valley my whole life, I'm actually not in LA all that much. I think because of the proximity of it all I'm not as impressed with everything the city has to offer. Like, my mom asked if i wanted to hang out on the Hollywood Walk of Fame with her, my dad, and her friend, and I'm like nah. When I'm out traveling to other states, though, I do realize how lucky I am to be living in the general LA area as opposed to further inland where the population is a lot less diverse.

16. Reporting from City of Industry/Rowland Heights.

Living right in front of Puente Hills Mall aka Twin Pines Mall in Back To The Future :eh:

[​IMG]

17. Live about an hour outside of LA, but I'm there semi-often for concerts, hanging with friends, and such. Don't know that I could ever live there, though. Just seems too crazy and expensive to live in most areas. Not quite my tempo.

18. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

what's up

have lived in LA proper my entire life, excited to move away someday

DIY scene here is really really good tho

19. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

An hour away from LA. It's fascinating how little I've exposed myself to it, though. I just never want to deal with the stress of driving through it.

20. Meerkat

I'm in the valley to be more specific. Really fucking love it here

21. I was there once

22. Say hi to my brother

23. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

24. Meerkat

25. I went to college in Wisconsin and had a work training up there