Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lorde - Solar Power (August 20, 2021) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It's on Spotify now.

2. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Hot damn!

3. radiodead

Trusted

That she recognizes that she needs to shift gears and that she is capable of doing it seamlessly......it bodes well.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yep, it's so instantly Lorde but wouldn't fit with her first two albums. Queen of progress.

5. btr

Trusted Supporter

Album is also called Solar Power

6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

There’s someone I want you to meet.
    Her feet are bare at all times. She’s sexy, playful, feral, and free. She’s a modern girl in a deadstock bikini, in touch with her past and her future, vibrating at the highest level when summer comes around. Her skin is glowing, her lovers are many. I’m completely obsessed with her, and soon you will be too.

It’s my divine pleasure to be introducing you, at long last, to my third studio album, SOLAR POWER.

The album is a celebration of the natural world, an attempt at immortalising the deep, transcendent feelings I have when I’m outdoors. In times of heartache, grief, deep love, or confusion, I look to the natural world for answers. I’ve learnt to breathe out, and tune in. This is what came through.

The first song, also called SOLAR POWER and written and produced by myself and Jack, is the first of the rays. It’s about that infectious, flirtatious summer energy that takes hold of us all, come June (or December, if you’re a Southern Hemisphere baby like me but I know that’s literally IMPOSSIBLE for you all to wrap your little heads around so don’t worry about it!!).

I made everything with friends here in New Zealand. My best mate Ophelia took the cover photo, lying on the sand as I leapt over her, both of us laughing. The director who made my first ever music video, Joel, helped me create the videos, building an entire cinematic universe that I can’t wait for you to see. I made something that encapsulates where I’m from — my family, my girlfriends, my outdoors, my constant ruminations, and my unending search for the divine.

There’s SO much more detail to come — a truly comical amount of detail, honestly. You can look to the natural calendar for clues. I’m trying to listen to what’s out there more, and the vibe I got was that you’re ready for this, that you need it. I want this album to be your summer companion, the one you pump on the drive to the beach. The one that lingers on your skin like a tan as the months get cooler again.

Today’s the only solar eclipse of the year, did you know that? Feels right.

LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LET’S GO

SOLAR POWER TODAY — TOMORROW — FOREVER

ELLA XX

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

So, we're like, getting the album in like a month or so?

8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Just the cutest

[​IMG]

beachdude, coleslawed, Mary V and 9 others like this.
  9. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

oh my god this song is so good

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this is... not good.

Aaron Mook, SpyKi, Jim and 2 others like this.
  11. radiodead

Trusted

I’m in love with this but I know that some people are totally going to reject this because the aesthetic of beach bumming annoys certain people. But idk, I hope people are ready for something like this after such a dour 2020. Feels like the absolute right play.

12. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

its fine

13. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

This is really dope

14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Song rules. After a few listens I really dig it!

15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

There's a rumor out there we are getting the album in a week but take that with a grain of salt

smowashere likes this.
  16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I hope its the kind of rumor thats a true rumor

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

My god what a song

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

the song structure is just nuts, once the full band comes in it just keeps escalating musically while not bringing back and of the chorus or verses or anything from the first half, just repetitive "solar power" over the music.

beachdude, phaynes12 and Ferrari333SP like this.
  19. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

I’m liking the song more after a few listens. Kind of harkens back to her first album a bit sonically. Or I can at least see a through line there.

Really hope we get the whole thing on the 21st.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  20. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Vinyl preorder when

21. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Based on her long message above, I think there's a good chance that's true

beachdude, Aregala and AFoolsGlory like this.
  24. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Idk how much “I want you to have the album for summer” is meant for American fans but that could be a clue that it’s coming real quick

radiodead likes this.