Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lorde Melodrama World Tour Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by holdyourarrows, Mar 24, 2018.

1. holdyourarrows

So has anyone been to this or is planning on going to this? I'll be at the Tampa date. So far the set looks pretty great from what I've seen.

Attached Files:

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Going on Wednesday!

3. deadwrong

Regular

I'll be hitting the Duluth date!

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Also if anyone needs tickets to Detroit on Wednesday I have 2 extra that I've been struggling really hard to sell and am looking for way below face value at this point

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Going to this tonight and I'm so excited. It feels like it's taken so long to get here (especially because of the whole thing with her show at Lolla getting evacuated). Very excited for RTJ and Mitski too.

6. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I've read multiple accounts that this tour is selling poorly. It's a shame, it's a strong lineup.

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Finally sold my extra tickets very excited for tomorrow!

TMS2787 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm officially checked out of work. Way too excited right now between this and JT tomorrow

holdyourarrows likes this.
  9. holdyourarrows

That surprises me for some reason. I've been hearing a lot of great things about this tour though so I'm excited so see in person

10. Kelsey

Regular

Going to this tomorrow! Have been looking forward to it for so long.

12AYear likes this.
  11. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

it's stadiums for someone who hasn't had a hit in like, five years

12. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

It might be a good lineup but I don't know if it makes sense sales wise. Doesn't seem like the crowd is very into RtJ.

Allstate isn't exactly the A-List Chicago arena, but her crowd was certainly headliner worthy at Lolla. Now I'm getting pissed again thinking about getting rained out for her set in the summer.

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

She did not have a problem filling the Chicago show. Not necessarily a sell out but the place is full.

Kellan likes this.
  14. bkaeser93

Trusted

How was the show? I’m debating on just getting cheap tickets or skipping it.

15. simonthebutler

Regular

16. “Green Light” live was electrifying.

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Go go go! Honestly - cliche in bound - it was magical. She manages to make an arena feel like such an intimate personal experience. The stage show is awesome too - sometimes it's pretty much just her on stage and sometimes there are massive production pieces. And the energy just kept building all night and it just kind of explodes by the end of the show.

Daniel182 likes this.
  18. Phil507

Weird because Run The Jewels themselves sold out three nights at Terminal 5 here (3k-capacity so 9k tickets) yet, opening for Lorde, having trouble filling the Barclays Center. Probably doesn't help that there's another date 10 miles away the Prudential Center in NJ and also the ticket price likely keeps a lot of people out.

19. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Hey when do you think Mitski went on last night? Hoping I won’t miss her set tonight

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

She was on pretty promptly at 7 (maybe give or take like 3 minutes). I believe her set was scheduled 7-7:25 (she finished about 7:22).

21. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Thanks!

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  22. Phil507

Anyone have set times for RTJ and Lorde (on average). Assuming 7:45 and 9.

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It was something like 7-7:25 Mitski, 7:40-8:20 RTJ, Lorde went on at exactly 8:45 and was done about 10:35 I think?

24. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

EL-P tweets them out almost daily.

25. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

mitski just gets a 25 minute set? damn