Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lorde - Melodrama (June 16, 2017) Album • Page 41

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Mar 2, 2017.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

My biggest concern tbh like I'm not sick of Melodrama yet or anything so I could definitely go for another tour of that. I just don't want to go back to a Lordeless life. I don't think she'll be gone that long this time, but who really knows.

2. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm fine with this being the last Melo tour if it means she heads right back to the studio and has a fresh album/tour in 2019.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  3. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Just got an update that my deluxe vinyl won't ship until July. They refunded 20% of the purchase, but still insanely frustrating.

4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah, it does suck, getting it 3 months later than it was supposed to release

5. nickyeatworld

Regular

Well I will see her in half an hour. I'm so freaking ready

Mary V, Barresi and Fronnyfron like this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

7. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

She just talked about this on the podcast “...And Introducing” (which I would recommend; it’s normally about memoirs that musicians put out but they occasionally talk about current big events like Kanye’s whole recent deal)

#28 THE LORDE/ANTONOFF CONSPIRACY (ft. Hillary Benton)

And now I’m absolutely convinced that Jack Antonoff is a gross hipster male feminist nice guy

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

All of that is pretty gross honestly, making up shit that Lorde and Jack had a love affair that ended his relationship with Lena. Fuck that noise.

9. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Lol it’s ultimately just celeb gossip, pretty damn far from gross or even significant enough to be upset about

10. irthesteve

Disagree.

11. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Great talk Steve.

12. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

If you’re having this person on your podcast a month or two after this PowerPoint has run its course, I question the validity of the podcast.

13. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Lol what does it mean for a podcast to be “valid” or “invalid”

14. irthesteve

If you don't understand the danger of spreading unsubstantiated claims about two people's personal relationships which you are in NO way a part of, then there's no reason to even discuss it.

Aaron Mook and Zilla like this.
  15. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

It’s pretty bizarre that you won’t even bother trying to elaborate on this “danger,” tbh. Do you enter every conversation with the expectation that everyone knows what you know?

Like I’d definitely agree with “who cares about this shit” since it doesn’t actually matter at all (tho if Antonoff is a creep then yeah that does matter; plus these are all artists that draw very heavily from their personal lives to make their music, which essentially everyone does care about), as would Benton, but “danger,” Steve? It’s not like she’s stalking them. Everything she refers to is public knowledge. It’s a silly conspiracy theory about Lorde lying about the meaning of some songs lol

16. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Show me the light steve

17. irthesteve

Unsubscribe.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  18. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Don't tarnish the thread of an incredible album with this unfunny garbage that nobody is really interested in discussing, plz and thx.

Zilla and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  19. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

i guess i didn't realize people were treating this so seriously. when i saw the powerpoint i thought it was a dumb joke. my b for bringing it here, i guess.

20. Marx&Recreation Jun 14, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 14, 2018)
    Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Lol no, you’re right. It is mostly a dumb joke. The woman who made it basically says as much on that podcast. Like from the way she talks I feel like she’d be surprised at how unironically upset the people in here seem to be about it

21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

If it’s such a stupid joke that clearly people don’t like, why do you keep jumping on people that say they don’t like it? Let it go. It’s a shitty joke that should have ended a day after it went viral.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  22. username

hey you lil piss baby

Celebrity gossip is wrong. What gives you the right to speculate on other people’s personal lives?

23. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Pretty sure the only person I’ve “jumped on” about it was Steve, because he would never elaborate on his point but still respond and get mad that I would even dare question him about it

All I mocked you for was you saying you didn’t think the podcast was “valid,” because what the hell does that even mean lol

24. irthesteve

Replace Jack with yourself, Lena with your most recent parter, and Lorde with a friend of yours. Now imagine a complete stranger making an entire powerpoint to prove that you cheated on someone you loved with one of your friends... you're cool with it???

Matt Chylak and Aaron Mook like this.
  25. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

If I was a famous, like borderline A-list musician who has already been in tons of tabloids mostly because of my ex, and the PowerPoint boiled down to celeb gossip from someone who doesn’t actually know me at all, then yeah I probably wouldn’t give a shit tbh. It doesn’t really have a material impact on my life. Again, it’s not like she was ever harassing them or finding private information and releasing it. It’s celeb gossip bullshit *because* everything referenced is public knowledge already. Like, these rumors existed long before the PowerPoint lol