Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Loone Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brigid, Apr 3, 2016.

1. brigid

is this thing on Prestigious

They're a really great queer post folk band lead by Noel'le Longhaul (of Mallory and other projects), Alyssa Kai and Nick Beregr formerly of Ramshackle Glory and a bunch of other projects, and they're playing the upcoming Hotelier/Told Slant/Bellows tour (which is gonna be so good omg). Definitely would recommend if you like any of the mentioned bands, they're all really great musicians

Also they're part of Great Falls MA Arts Collective which I also definitely recommend checking out, especially you western Mass folks

Now I Know You and See How Wide You Are to the World, by Loone and Paper Bee (bandcamp)
    Security Check Required (fb page)
    great falls arts c. (@greatfallsma) | Twitter (great falls arts co twitter)

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

fucking backed
    Alyssa Kai is an unreal drummer, she played with Mal Blum and I was awestruck the whole time

3. brigid

yeah!! Alyssa is all around a baller musician, I've seen her play in a lot of different acts on different instruments always killing it

4. cwhit

It's super awesome how Boston has such a strong queer music scene, really hope more places can replicate that

brigid likes this.
  5. brigid

I think the brooklyn DIY (and related) scene definitely matches Boston/Massachusetts' pretty evenly but I don't know too much about scenes outside the northeast to say how it is there, I would definitely love to see it elsewhere too though

6. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

So I saw them last night and it was incredible. They closed their set with what they said was Wings, but I can't seem to find it. Does it exist in recorded form yet?

7. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

didn't know where else to post this

just found this on youtube and can't stop listening to it, it's such a good and heartbreaking song

8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Never listened to this band til I saw them opening for the hotelier. I was super impressed, gonna need to get into their stuff

9. cwhit

10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

nice

11. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

yeahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!