Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Looming Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cybele, Apr 2, 2016.

1. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

Figured I'd put up a thread for one of my favorite bands right now.

Their first full length, Nailbiter, is out on No Sleep Records.

My favorite songs are Output and Strive. Has anyone else checked out the album?

2. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Nailbiter is super underrated. It made my top 20 last year.

3. cybele Jul 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 29, 2016)
    cybele

4. TheBaroness

Such a good band, and this new song is excellent. I have no doubt that the collapse of No Sleep hurt the push for Nailbiter so hopefully they can jump on a new label and put out some new music and get a bit more attention.

cybele likes this.
  5. cybele

It's definitely unfortunate that they hopped onto No Sleep at absolutely the wrong time. I'm honestly not sure who else would work, maybe Topshelf?

6. TheBaroness

Yeah, or even someone like Tiny Engines wouldn't be a bad fit. I really just can't get over the fact that there's this stupidly good band effectively sitting in limbo with seemingly little buzz about them (although at least they were able to get a new song premiered on Brooklyn Vegan, presumably without a label). A little more exposure in the right places and they can and should be big within the scene.

7. 5Stories

Regular

First new single in 5 years and I fucking love it. Thought they were done.

TheBaroness likes this.
  8. jols

Trusted Prestigious

This band rox